Welcome to HSO

Hogwarts School Online has been open since 2008 and we have been accepting members to our post-potter roleplaying site ever since. Thanks to our active members, we now have a new school on HSO, Ilvermorny! We wish you a fun journey on HSO and if you have any questions, just write in our OOC Chat Box and we’ll be happy to answer.

Witch of the Month
Roseanne Virelli
Quote of the Month
Paxton Virelli
Couple of the Month
Alec Lancaster & Dulcinea Whitfield
Class of the Month
Potions
Professor of the Month
Penelope Hawkins
New Student of the Month
Stella Silvera
Adult of the Month
Gerrick Lancaster

Latest Shouts In The Shoutbox -- View The Shoutbox · Rules -  

Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post ) REPLY NEW TOPIC START POLL

The Tables
Deputy HM Zoe Benfield
 Posted: Aug 29 2017, 06:37 PM

Governor

Nicknames / Zoe

Age / 26

Occupation / Deputy HM

Post Count / 1926

FC / Adelaide Kane

Pureblood / Dating / Plotted

user posted image
user posted image

--------------------
lightning
user posted image
Mora. @Shadowplay

user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

Please follow the links before you ask me questions!

Slytherins follow the links before you PM questions!

PM
^
Professor Felicity Quinn
 Posted: Sep 13 2017, 05:34 PM

Professor

Nicknames / Fi Fi

Age / 29

Occupation / Wampus DHOH/Arithmancy Professor

Post Count / 49

FC / Melissa Rauch

No-Maj Born / Single / Unplotted

Felicity was excited when Duke agreed to meet with her. It was like she was killing two birds with one stone. She was welcoming a new Professor and it was a bonus that he was also from Texas. She knew immediately she had to meet the DADA Professor.

When she arrived at her favorite coffee bar she made her way up to the front counter, the small heels of her brown boots clicking against the linoleum floor as opposed to the heels of her everyday pumps. She went for an outfit that was slightly more casual and cute than sexy for her coffee meet up.

She ordered her vanilla and hazelnut soy latte and as it warmed her still gloved hands found a seat to wait for Duke at. Once finding one, she took off her cream knitted hat, and her navy pea coat and draped it over the back of her chair.

Professor Duke Wylie

--------------------
user posted image

PM
^
Professor Duke Wylie
 Posted: Sep 13 2017, 05:51 PM

Professor

Nicknames /

Age /

Occupation / Defense Against the Dark Arts Professor

Post Count / 39

FC / Garrett Hedlund

Pureblood / Single / Unplotted

Duke was not sure why he was in NYC, but it was making his skin itch. So many people so close just didn't work for him and don't get him started on the buildings being so close together. Why would someone intentionally do that so you couldn't see the sky? It was awful. Now he was in this coffee shop to meet one of his new coworkers, and all he could think about was he needed to pick the place next time because this was awful for him. He went to the counter and ordered, well tried to order, sweet tea and they looked at him like he was nuts but they did try to sell him some passion fruit frufru tea. Giving up he plopped himself across from the woman, empty handed. "Nice to meet ya Ma'am.
I'm Duke."
He said with a smile, Texas twang strong as ever even though the city had him out of sorts.

Attire minus Guitar

--------------------
user posted image
PM EMAIL
^
Professor Felicity Quinn
 Posted: Sep 13 2017, 06:22 PM

Professor

Nicknames / Fi Fi

Age / 29

Post Count / 49

FC / Melissa Rauch

Felicity stood when she recognized the larged arm man head towards her table. His sheer size just made her seem smaller than she really was.

"Nice to meet ya Ma'am. I'm Duke." Extending her hand in greeting she smiled. "Well welcome to New York Duke, I'm Felicity, it's nice to meet you as well." She sat back down, brushing her denim shirt dress back out to make sure she was indeed sitting on it.

"Couldn't happen to notice you don't have a drink. They do have black coffee" Felicity suggested feeling slightly bad. Maybe this hadn't been the best idea.

"So you're a Texas boy I hear" She chuckled, it was pretty obvious he was from Texas and that excited her cause that happened to be her own home state even if she hadn't lived there long.

Professor Duke Wylie

--------------------
user posted image

PM
^
Professor Duke Wylie
 Posted: Sep 13 2017, 06:46 PM

Professor

Nicknames /

Age /

Post Count / 39

FC / Garrett Hedlund

Duke shook her hand gently but firmly, he didn't believe in crushing a woman's hand when you shook it but he wasn't going to give her a delicate one just because she was female. Being female didn't mean she was inferior or anything, it was likely she was a better witch then he was so he made a point never to underestimate anyone. Besides his Momma would have his hide if she heard he gave a woman an sissy handshake, then scold him about women not being delicate. "It's a pleasure Felicity." He said graciously, refusing to comment on how uncomfortable the city made him. It was comfortable to her so that was what mattered, besides normal people didn't break out in hives just because they went into the city. "Black Coffee is that of the devil." Duke deadpanned. He waited to see what he reaction would be before he gave a light hearted chuckle. "Kidding. Maybe I'll order some." He told her, not particularly inclined to go deal with the people at the counter again. "Ye heard rightly Ma'am, born and raised." He said, pride obvious.

--------------------
user posted image
PM EMAIL
^
Professor Felicity Quinn
 Posted: Sep 13 2017, 07:08 PM

Professor

Nicknames / Fi Fi

Age / 29

Post Count / 49

FC / Melissa Rauch

"Black Coffee is that of the devil." Felicity's eyes widened and coughed. She was glad when he broke the tension because she wasn't really sure how to respond besides thinking he was one of those Religious nut jobs.

She laughed nervously with his chuckle and took another sip of her Latte, the warmth, and caffeine relaxing her. "Ye heard rightly Ma'am, born and raised."

Felicity leaned against the table her cup in her hands. "You know I'm from Austin myself." She smiled waiting for his surprise. It wasn't a secret but it wasn't a piece of information she started with.

Professor Duke Wylie

--------------------
user posted image

PM
^
Professor Duke Wylie
 Posted: Sep 14 2017, 02:38 PM

Professor

Nicknames /

Age /

Post Count / 39

FC / Garrett Hedlund

The woman's eyes widened and she coughed causing Duke's smile to grow, he was usually a tame man but he did like to say things for kicks occasionally. That probably wasn't the nicest thing to do but he was a little out of sorts being in the city, in fact the thought of the city again had him scratching his thigh. She took a sip of her drink and Duke diverted his gaze out the window, fascinated by all the chaos outside. "Didn't have the slightest reckonin' of that." He said turning his gaze back on her. "How'd ya end up teaching at Ilvermorny?" Duke was a curious man at best, it made him a good rancher.

--------------------
user posted image
PM EMAIL
^
Professor Felicity Quinn
 Posted: Sep 15 2017, 01:47 AM

Professor

Nicknames / Fi Fi

Age / 29

Post Count / 49

FC / Melissa Rauch

"Didn't have the slightest reckonin' of that. How'd ya end up teaching at Ilvermorny?"

Felicity leaned back, leaving her cup sitting on the tabletop, her legs crossed under the table, and played with the blond curls that framed her face. "Well..my parent's decided to move to New York when I got my letter to Ilvermorny. To be closer to school." She paused, her thumb nail finding its way to the lips of her mouth. "They're No-Majs, so it's not like they can just apparate or floo. An' after school I worked as an assistant to a larger Arithmancer until the last Headmistress asked me to come back to teach. So I've been here now for a few years." She watched him steadily under her long lashes. She wasn't wearing her glasses that she normally wore during school. She was gauging his reaction to her announcement of her blood status. It was dangerous if you weren't careful but he was a nice Texas man. Surely, he wasn't prejudiced.

Professor Duke Wylie

--------------------
user posted image

PM
^
Professor Duke Wylie
 Posted: Sep 18 2017, 06:07 PM

Professor

Nicknames /

Age /

Post Count / 39

FC / Garrett Hedlund

Felicity played with her hair and Duke paid it no mind, the man was extremely unobservant at best when it came to the fairer sex. "That was really sweet of them, mine would have liked to but it just wan't possible." He told her with a smile, he was close with his parents so he understood wanting to be in close proximity to them. "I think if I wasn't here I'd go home again honestly." He told her earnestly. If she was expecting some big reaction about her blood status then she was in for disappointment, he didn't give a rootin tootin hoot about that kind of thing.

--------------------
user posted image
PM EMAIL
^
Professor Felicity Quinn
 Posted: Sep 21 2017, 02:02 PM

Professor

Nicknames / Fi Fi

Age / 29

Post Count / 49

FC / Melissa Rauch

"That was really sweet of them, mine would have liked to but it just wan't possible. I think if I wasn't here I'd go home again honestly."

Taking another sip of her latte she breathed out, letting the warmth hit her insides and she smiled a warm thoughtful smile. "Yeah, I love my parent's I don't know what I would do without them.

Her attention was grabbed by a passerby walking their cat. She looked back to Duke though when the tone of his voice changed. "I miss home sometimes too. It's just a lot nicer back in Texas, most people treat you right. If you want to go home so bad, what's keeping you here?" Her eyes widened very slightly when she noticed her old accent started to come back the more she spoke with Duke. She coughed and continued to drink. She wanted him to talk more about himself, she was excited to have a home state boy as a co-worker, she hadn't met another Texan for quite some time. But she knew he was uncomfortable and everyone loved talking about themselves. Felicity hoped it would help.

Professor Duke Wylie

--------------------
user posted image

PM
^
Professor Duke Wylie
 Posted: Sep 22 2017, 02:19 PM

Professor

Nicknames /

Age /

Post Count / 39

FC / Garrett Hedlund

The woman smiled and it brought a lightness to her that he hadn't expected, maybe he would be able to appreciate it more if he wasn't so busy scratching and keeping an eye on people. Being surrounded like this made him naturally uncomfortable, Duke trusted wild animals more than he trusted other people to be honest. "That I can definitely relate to ma'am." He said nodding. His parents were the reason he was who he was, without them he wouldn't be anywhere near the man he was today. Duke raised an eyebrow at someone actually walking a cat, like on a leash and everything. That wasn't something he saw everyday back home, it actually made him a bit sad to see the creature in captivity like that. "Headmistress Goethe, the Elder, said I had a god given talent and I was wastin' it by not helping out today's children. Kinda hard to argue that logic, not that I'd be arguin' with a lady." He said with a smile, his Momma would have his hide if he knew he did such a thing.

--------------------
user posted image
PM EMAIL
^
Professor Felicity Quinn
 Posted: Sep 22 2017, 04:28 PM

Professor

Nicknames / Fi Fi

Age / 29

Post Count / 49

FC / Melissa Rauch

"That I can definitely relate to ma'am.

"Oh please stop calling me Ma'am. It makes me feel old." She laughed but really it just reminded her of her age, that she was that age and single still. Every time she called home. "You're so pretty, why aren't you married yet? I would like to have Grandbabies before I die. Felicity, you need to stop playing around and get serious." Felicity hated that conversation. She was serious it was just about work, and work was stressful. She was allowed some worldly stress relief every now and then. It wasn't a crime.

Headmistress Goethe, the Elder, said I had a god given talent and I was wastin' it by not helping out today's children. Kinda hard to argue that logic, not that I'd be arguin' with a lady."

Felicity chuckled again, and this time more genuinely. After all the city men she had been with she had almost forgotten about the real, nice ones. "And uh...what are those G-d given credentials if you don't mind my asking sir?" Felicity sincerely wanted to know, because they must have been impressive for Goethe to actually convince this downright Texan man to come all the way over here.

Professor Duke Wylie

--------------------
user posted image

PM
^
Professor Duke Wylie
 Posted: Sep 22 2017, 05:45 PM

Professor

Nicknames /

Age /

Post Count / 39

FC / Garrett Hedlund

Duke tilted his head when she asked him to stop calling her ma'am, it wasn't the first time he'd met the request. He was just trying to be polite, he wasn't instantiating she was old by any means it just seemed like women always took it that way. "Can I use Miss instead? Momma'd skin me if she thought I was bein' disrespectful ter a lady." He told her honestly. If she said no to that he'd respect it of course but that didn't mean he wouldn't slip up occasionally or say it in his head. Luckily for him he didn't face any of the issues at home like she did with pressure to marry, his parents weren't concerned about that as long as he wasn't being disgraceful to the family name or the Lord. "She said I'm good with children, and that they listen to me. I s'pose it come from dealing with animals but I'm not sure rightly. So I figured I'd give it a year and try, and if it don't aint nothin lost." He told her with a shrug.

--------------------
user posted image
PM EMAIL
^
Professor Felicity Quinn
 Posted: Sep 24 2017, 11:53 PM

Professor

Nicknames / Fi Fi

Age / 29

Post Count / 49

FC / Melissa Rauch

"Can I use Miss instead? Momma'd skin me if she thought I was bein' disrespectful ter a lady." Felicity laughed and nodded. "of course. And may I call you Duke?" Felicity didn't have any brothers but she did still have her Daddy and there was never a moment where he also didn't address a woman by Ma'am or Miss. Though he was from Waco where things were a little more Traditional than in Austin. Which was now more "weird" then old Austin.

"She said I'm good with children, and that they listen to me. I s'pose it come from dealing with animals but I'm not sure rightly. So I figured I'd give it a year and try, and if it don't aint nothin lost."

"I like your thinkin' sir! Never hurts to try and the kids do seem to enjoy your class so far. I hear you are pretty popular" she smiled again and finished the last of her warm caffeine still feeling guilty that he had just been sitting there with nothing.

Felicity looked outside again the sun seemed to be lower in the sky and she sadly could still feel his uncomfortableness from across the table. That was when she had an idea. "You wanna get outta here and have a real drink? Maybe shoot some pool?" she asked genuinely and a Whiskey and some stick may lighten things up a bit. He obviously needed some home town here in the heart of the city and she knew just the place.

--------------------
user posted image

PM
^
Professor Duke Wylie
 Posted: Sep 28 2017, 02:16 PM

Professor

Nicknames /

Age /

Post Count / 39

FC / Garrett Hedlund

The woman laughed and it was a light sound, kind of like the twinkling of bells and it made Duke smile in happiness. "Certainly, Mr. Wylie is ma dad." He said giving her a wry grin. The man was sixty and still worked harder than anyone he knew, Duke would never be able to live up to him or be the kind of man he was but he was going to try every day of his life to do it anyways. When his time on this earth came to an end he could die happy even though he would have failed in his goal, some things in life were worth failing at as long as you did your best. "Well that is good ta hear, may also have some'in to do with agreein to grill for them." He said with a chuckle, he felt shy about the praise so he would rather divert than address it. "Miss that is the best idea I heard all day, you bet I do." He replied, instantly brightening up. Duke got to his feet and pushed in his chair before offering a hand to help her up.

--------------------
user posted image
PM EMAIL
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | Central Perks | Next Newest »

OPTIONSPages: (2) 1 2  REPLY NEW TOPIC START POLL