Welcome to HSO

Hogwarts School Online has been open since 2008 and we have been accepting members to our post-potter roleplaying site ever since. Thanks to our active members, we now have a new school on HSO, Ilvermorny! We wish you a fun journey on HSO and if you have any questions, just write in our OOC Chat Box and we’ll be happy to answer.

Wizard of the Month
Jace Lancaster
Quote of the Month
Dexter Whitfield
Couple of the Month
Oryn Yarwood & Penelope James
Class of the Month
History of Magic
Professor of the Month
Arthur Henry Lovelace
New Student of the Month
Bellaluna Mckenzie
Adult of the Month
Skylar Akerman

Latest Shouts In The Shoutbox -- View The Shoutbox · Rules -  

CLOSED NEW TOPIC START POLL

[SORTED]Sample Sorting, Look here if still confused
Phineas Ferbington III
 Posted: Jan 12 2017, 11:52 PM

Puff 2nd Year

Nicknames / not telling

Age /

Occupation /

Post Count / 4

FC /

Pure / /

1. CHARACTER FIRST AND LAST NAME:
Phineas Ferbington III

2. HOW DID YOU HEAR ABOUT HOGWARTS SCHOOL ONLINE:
Facebook

3. DO YOU HAVE ANY OTHER CHARACTERS AT HOGWARTS SCHOOL ONLINE? KEEP IN MIND, WE CAN TELL IF YOU'RE LYING.
No

4. DO YOU UNDERSTAND THE RULES?
Yes

5. DO YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS ABOUT THE RULES?
No

6. WHAT IS THE SECRET PHRASE?(ITS IN THE RULES! *Hint* Google is not your friend.
Secret phrase received by Professor Isabella Goethe.

7. HAVE YOU EVER ROLEPLAYED BEFORE? IF YES, HOW MANY YEARS?
Yes, 10 years.

8. DO YOU HAVE ANY EXPERIENCE ON A HARRY POTTER ROLEPLAY BOARD?
Yes

9. HOW OLD ARE YOU? CHOOSE ONLY ONE.

d] 21+, and counting!

10. PLEASE PROVIDE US WITH A WRITING SAMPLE HERE:

Phineas was a stellar young man who was having a terrible day, and he was trying to be hopeful that it didn't get worse. The most unfortunate thing had happened to him this morning, his precious cactus Sherwood the Mighty Fig had been savagely mutilated by his horrid Aunt's cat Furball. Had he been allowed to use magic at home he would have taken pleasure in setting the awful animal ablaze but as it was he wasn't even allowed to have a wand yet. To make matters worse his Aunt had accused him of hurting his precious Sherwood and accusing her perfect Furball of it to make trouble. Oh if Phineas could give her a mustache to go with her beard, however his Mum had taught him if you couldn't say anything nice they keep your trap shut. After mourning the loss of his precious Sherwood he was soon taunted by the horrid Furball who was making a game of tripping his as he went down the stairs. He knew the sinister creature took pleasure in it.

11. ANSWER THE QUESTIONS BELOW AS YOUR CHARACTER, CHOOSE ONLY ONE ANSWER PER QUESTION.

Sorting quiz received by Professor Isabella Goethe.

This post has been edited by Professor Isabella Goethe: Jun 16 2017, 02:22 AM
PM EMAIL
^
Professor Isabella Goethe
 Posted: Jan 12 2017, 11:59 PM

Governor

Nicknames / Izzy

Age / 28

Occupation / Detention Mistress

Post Count / 606

FC / Amanda Schull

Pureblood / Single / Unplotted

Hello!
    Welcome to Hogwarts School Online. We hope you have a very magical experience and, more importantly, you have loads of fun in our community! Good luck on a fast and fun approval process.

As we wait for those frayed cogs of the sorting hat's interior to spit out an answer, I would love to see an example of your writing! Please feel free to ask us any questions you might have about Roleplaying, if you are unfamiliar with it.

So, without further ado, would you please share in writing how your character would respond to the following scenario. Feel free to include thoughts, spoken words, and even background information about your character or the environment, if you feel so moved.

The sorting ceremony has begun, all the first years including you line up to be sorted.... as your name is called what happens next?

I look forward to reading about it!

--------------------
Please follow the links before you ask me questions!

PM EMAIL
^
Phineas Ferbington III
 Posted: Jan 13 2017, 12:10 AM

Puff 2nd Year

Nicknames / not telling

Age /

Occupation /

Post Count / 4

FC /

Pure / /

Phineas had been extremely pleased to receive his sorting letter this year, he had been impatiently waiting for it so he could get away from the awful animal his Aunt called a cat with the wretched name of Furball. The ride to the school on the Hogwarts Express was something of excitement for the boy, the snack trolley was of course his favorite part. Being shuttled into the castle he'd been pushed by another kid but let it go and climbed into a different boat knowing the other boy wasn't worth fighting with. The night was dreary and foggy but at least it hadn't rained, that would be extremely miserable. Once they entered the castle he raced up the stairs, laughing because he was so happy to finally be here. His joy quickly dwindled after a harsh look from the man who introduced himself as the Deputy Headmaster of the school, such a severe man. Once they were lined up properly they entered the Great Hall and in no time the Deputy Headmaster called his name. Stepping forward Phineas caught his foot on the hem of his robes and went toppling over. Quickly scrambling to his feet he turned tomato red. ::Well that was brilliant you blockhead.:: He thought to himself as the hat was placed atop his head. He fidgeted nervously waiting for the thing to sort him, as the time drug on without a decision his chest tightened with worry.
PM EMAIL
^
Headmaster Emile Rousseau
 Posted: Jan 13 2017, 12:11 AM

Governor

Nicknames / None

Age / 27

Occupation / Flying Professor & Quidditch Coordinator

Post Count / 1972

FC / Theo James

Pure / Not Telling / Plotted

Hello and welcome to Hogwarts School Online! Best of Luck on a Speedy sorting process! Would you be so kind to entertain me with this writing prompt in the meantime?
    Which wand has chosen you? What type of wood is it made of and what core enchantment does it have? Which qualities do you possess that convinced that wand you were the perfect match? How did you feel? Write about your experience in getting your wand at Olivander's.
I'm looking forward to seeing you roleplay this out in a writing scenario!

--------------------
user posted image
Zoe blessed me with this sig because she's madly in love with me.
I have bragging rights // Lightning

user posted imageuser posted image
PM
^
Phineas Ferbington III
 Posted: Jan 13 2017, 12:27 AM

Puff 2nd Year

Nicknames / not telling

Age /

Occupation /

Post Count / 4

FC /

Pure / /

When Phineas had gotten his acceptance letter to Hogwarts he had been overjoyed, he was magical but he still worried he would not be considered good enough to go to Hogwarts like everyone else. When he had finally nagged his Aunt enough to take him to Diagon Alley to get his supplies he had found himself overwhelmed by everything. Even though he'd grown up in a magical family they stuck to the muggle world so he didn't have much experience or knowledge of the Wizarding world. He had run from shop to shop pressing his face against the glass of the front windows until his Aunt tugged his ear sharply and steered him into one of the shops, it was the famous Olivander's. After being thumped over the head for trying to touch a box because he was eager to find his wand the shop keeper approached them. His Aunt answered any questions the man had and Phineas knew enough to keep his mouth shut should he not want a thumping later. After several failure with different wands, a birch had been extremely opposed to him the shop keep handed him a lovely Alder wand, it was fourteen inches and had intricate carvings. Taking the wand hesitantly from the man he felt a feeling of completeness he hadn't known until now, he only half listened as the shop keeper explained about the Unicorn hair tail core.
PM EMAIL
^
Adriana Winters
 Posted: Jan 13 2017, 12:31 AM

Adult Wizard

Nicknames / single

Age / 26

Occupation /

Post Count / 129

FC /

Pure / Not Telling /

Hello and welcome to Hogwarts School Online! Best of Luck on a Speedy sorting process! Would you be so kind to entertain me with the answer to the following question?
    When you are told to turn to page 394, what is the first three sentences that you see on the page? (please answer this question as the writer behind the character. What do you think it says?)
I'm looking forward to your answer to this question!!
PM
^
Phineas Ferbington III
 Posted: Jan 13 2017, 12:38 AM

Puff 2nd Year

Nicknames / not telling

Age /

Occupation /

Post Count / 4

FC /

Pure / /

If I, the writer, were asked to turn to page 394 the first three sentences I would find on the page would be as follows:

The werewolf is one of the world's most dangerous creatures in the wizarding world is because except during the full moon lunar cycle it perfectly blends into society, so you must not get contemplative when thinking about it. It's bite is either fatal or turns you into one as well, and to be fair neither is a pleasant process either way. Besides if you do survive can you imagine turning into a mindless beast once a month, doesn't seem like a picnic.
PM EMAIL
^
Professor Isabella Goethe
 Posted: Jan 13 2017, 12:42 AM

Governor

Nicknames / Izzy

Age / 28

Occupation / Detention Mistress

Post Count / 606

FC / Amanda Schull

Pureblood / Single / Unplotted

CONGRATULATIONS!
YOU'VE BEEN SORTED IN TO HUFFLEPUFF! YOU WILL BE RECEIVING AN OWL SHORTLY VIA PM ONCE YOU'RE SORTED WITH INSTRUCTIONS ON WHAT TO DO NEXT AND YOUR CLASS SUPPLY LISTS! WELCOME TO HOGWARTS!

--------------------

PM EMAIL
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | THE SORTING CEREMONY | Next Newest »

OPTIONS CLOSED NEW TOPIC START POLL