Welcome to HSO

Hogwarts School Online has been open since 2008 and we have been accepting members to our post-potter roleplaying site ever since. Thanks to our active members, we now have a new school on HSO, Ilvermorny! We wish you a fun journey on HSO and if you have any questions, just write in our OOC Chat Box and we’ll be happy to answer.

Witch of the Month
Roseanne Virelli
Quote of the Month
Paxton Virelli
Couple of the Month
Alec Lancaster & Dulcinea Whitfield
Class of the Month
Potions
Professor of the Month
Penelope Hawkins
New Student of the Month
Stella Silvera
Adult of the Month
Gerrick Lancaster

Latest Shouts In The Shoutbox -- View The Shoutbox · Rules -  

CLOSED NEW TOPIC START POLL

Chat Box RULES!, MUST READ
Governor Artemis Fowl
 Posted: Jul 12 2012, 04:18 PM

Governor

Nicknames / divorced

Age / 36

Occupation / http://artemiseffinfowl.tumblr.com/

Post Count / 4931

FC / We'll do it all Everything On our own We don't need Anything Or anyone If I lay here If I just lay here Would you lie with me And just forget the world?

Pure / / http://i48.tinypic.com/a408r6.jpg

Shoutbox Rules

OOC/CHAT vs IC/CHAT.

The shoutbox named great hall chat is for in character rapid roleplay. Meaning short quick rps or chatting in character like in the great hall. That's where the setting is. The ooc cbox toogle is for chatting OUT OF CHARACTER. As for the "IC" chat which is the great hall. It is IN character however if you need to say something like (brb) do so in brackets. (( )) etc.

Don't be rude.

This is customary for Hogwarts School Online. Please, PLEASE be respectful of our members. If you have an issue you need worked out, don't bring it to the chatbox. Use PM or PM one of the admin or moderating team. We're all very understanding people. (This includes personal matters, it's very awkward and uncomfortable to mention some things in the cbox and hunting for sympathy isn't allowed. If you need someone to talk to, any of the staff are more than willing to accept personal messages.) IC CBOX It is completely IN CHARACTER so please keep it in character. In other words if you have a problem personally it's a character not real life. Which leads me to abuse and bullying. There will be no bullying or abuse tolerate. (OOC - OUT OF CHARACTER CBOX) if you are caught bullying or name calling someone you can risk being banned from cbox or even your warning level upped on the site.

Cursing and stuff.

The profanity filter is set to off in cbox. Just because you can curse, please do not be vulgar, gross, excessively sexual, or violent. Remember our site content rating, we are a rated pg13 for teen site (pg13). The cbox is for communication purposes, a place to chat between posts. Or to have some fun and laugh. Please leave the large rping to threads and threads only.

Roleplaying.

Which leads me to roleplaying in shoutbox or anything to discuss it. If you need to plot or discuss development within your roleplays, please be courteous and take such discussions to personal message or the plot pages. After all that's what it's for. As stated before the shoutbox is for IN CHARACTER only. You can rp on there but if it's going to be LONG rps please take it to the threads.

Advertising and spamming.

Do NOT post links to other roleplay forums. We actually have a section for that on the board. Do not spam, try to keep your post in cbox to a few lines. Obviously if you're explaining something or the cbox is going fast this always tends to keep the flow going better and people don't get confused by who said what or who you meant what to.

Argument and debate.

Do not argue in the cbox and please do not use the cbox as a vehicle for debate. Religion and politics are not appropriate topics of conversation for the cbox. (Though you will find that discussions on these topics are allowed within our OOC subforum.). No arguments of any kind will be tolerated in cbox.

I'm sooooooo bored!.

THE I'M BORED BRIGADE
Yeah, I get it.
You're finished with all of your replies, the dishes are done, and you even completed all of your homework. And now, you're bored. You're bored? Not anymore! Click! (*Not necessarily a rule, but a pet peeve of the headmaster's!) just follow that link and help HSO advertise. :] You will no longer be bored!

Staff Clause.

The rules are to be read. I do not expect anyone to memorize them, but I expect everyone - staff included - to follow them to their greatest ability. Should something be asked to end in the cbox, it should be ended. The rules are to be utilized at the administrator/moderator's discretion. Back talking is unacceptable. If you have an issue with a particular decision, please personal message the administrator/moderator in the situation or feel free to personal message one of the others for clarification on the incident.

It is your RIGHT to personal message a staff member if you feel you have been treated unfairly. But continuing a conversation that was requested to be ended in the cbox puts YOU in the wrong. If you break any of these rules, especially without stopping after a warning. It is quite simple, you will be temporary banned from the cbox upon further investigation from the staff members.

by metaphoricalallusion of atf

This post has been edited by Deputy HM Zoe Benfield: Jun 24 2017, 03:24 PM

--------------------
user posted image
chasing cars | lolz emis | gus gus | gryffinclaw is awesome | I uphold the Oath of Fawkes!
user posted image
“And one more thing. About my name. Artemis, you were right. In London, it is generally a female name, after the Greek goddess of archery. But every now and then a male comes along with such a talent for hunting that he earns the right to use the name. I am that male. Artemis the hunter. I hunted you.”

Please follow the links before you ask me questions!

PM EMAIL WEBSITE G-TALK
^
Governor Oliver Gibson
 Posted: Jul 27 2013, 06:23 PM

Governor

Nicknames / widowed

Age / 65

Occupation / https://www.facebook.com/groups/313614685327618/

Post Count / 4282

FC / I’ve got a lovely bunch of coconuts There they are, all standing in a row Big ones, small ones, some as big as your head Give them a twist a flick of the wrist That’s what the showman said

Pure / Not Telling / http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/3/39/Athene_noctua_%28cropped%29.jpg/220px-Athene_noctua_%28cropped%29.jpg

Amended on the 27th of July, 2013

--------------------

Please follow the links before you ask me questions!

PM EMAIL WEBSITE YAHOO
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | PROCLAMATION DECREES | Next Newest »

OPTIONS CLOSED NEW TOPIC START POLL