Welcome to HSO

Hogwarts School Online has been open since 2008 and we have been accepting members to our post-potter roleplaying site ever since. Thanks to our active members, we now have a new school on HSO, Ilvermorny! We wish you a fun journey on HSO and if you have any questions, just write in our OOC Chat Box and we’ll be happy to answer.

Wizard of the Month
Liam Archer
Quote of the Month
Samuel Silvera
Couple of the Month
Anastasia Gray & Gabriel Bourgeois
Class of the Month
Ancient Runes
Professor of the Month
Iris Callahan
New Student of the Month
Tom Ozen
Adult of the Month
Chief Healer Nelluna Lufkin

Latest Shouts In The Shoutbox -- View The Shoutbox · Rules -  

REPLY NEW TOPIC START POLL

Professor Conroy's Office
Professor Alden Conroy
 Posted: Sep 2 2017, 12:43 AM

Deputy HoH

Nicknames /

Age / 31

Occupation / HoH of Horned Serpent & Potions Professor

Post Count / 162

FC /

Pureblood / Single /

user posted image

The office Of Professor Alden Conroy, Head of House for Horned Serpent, and Ilvermorny's Potions Master. Come on in.

--------------------
user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image
PM
^
Professor Alden Conroy
 Posted: Dec 31 2017, 04:36 AM

Deputy HoH

Nicknames /

Age / 31

Post Count / 162

FC /

Pureblood / Single /

Alden was working late, as usual. He sat behind his desk, pouring over a stack of Advanced Potions essays. "Merlin's beard," he muttered darkly, "this is supposed to be about creating antidotes to poisons, not creating an entirely new poison." New school, same old complaints. Alden took the bottle of 25 year old scotch out from his desk drawer, along with a copper mug that he kept handy for just this purpose. He poured himself a healthy portion, and took a relaxing sip, leaning back in his overstuffed arm chair to relax for just a moment.

Professor Felicity Quinn

--------------------
PM
^
Professor Felicity Quinn
 Posted: Dec 31 2017, 04:48 AM

Deputy HoH

Nicknames / Fi

Age / 29

Occupation / Slytherin DHOH/Arithmancy Professor

Post Count / 180

FC / Melissa Rauch

No-Maj Born / Single / Unplotted

The year was halfway up, but Felicity hadn't made her way to welcome all the new professors yet. As one of the "veterans" of Ilvernmorny, she almost felt obligated to welcome all the new cute Professors...Professors.

She headed down into the dungeons with her welcome gift, a box of gourmet wizards chocolates that would bubble, or explode, or sizzle depending on the chocolate you choose. Of course, each one was it's own alcohol too.

Felicity hadn't spoken with Alden before, and even though she was kinda seeing Duke..or was she? They hadn't had that talk specifically, she didn't think there was anything wrong with seeing him in his office.

She rapped on the door and began to let herself in. Slowly she called out before entering. "Professor Conroy? It's me, Professor Quinn, may I come in?"

@[Professsor Alden Conroy]

--------------------
user posted image
Please follow the links before you ask me questions!

PM
^
Professor Alden Conroy
 Posted: Jan 6 2018, 01:56 AM

Deputy HoH

Nicknames /

Age / 31

Post Count / 162

FC /

Pureblood / Single /

Alden looked up from the troubling stack of potions essays as a knock sounded on the door. He heard Professor Quinn announce herself. Interesting...I haven't spoken to her yet, he thought, curious what prompted this visit. "Please, come in Professor," he called out as the door began to swing open. He rose from his chair and came around his desk. It was a habit of Alden's to meet with other professors informally, rather than sitting behind his desk, in an attempt to put them at ease. He waited as she entered the office. "Well hello, Professor Quinn," he said pleasantly. "What brings you to my dark little corner of the school?"

--------------------
PM
^
Professor Felicity Quinn
 Posted: Jan 11 2018, 04:34 AM

Deputy HoH

Nicknames / Fi

Age / 29

Post Count / 180

FC / Melissa Rauch

She giggled as she closed the door behind her. The office was dark but looked just as that of an office for a Potions professor. Felicity extended her hand as she responded. "Oh well I was just walking by..no I'm joking. I realized the year is almost up and I hadn't informally introduced myself yet. I've been here for some years now and just wanted to welcome you personally. You can call me Felicity." she smiled warmly to him and taking her hand back walked towards his desk. "Oh, and I brought you these. Little adult chocolates. I hope you drink." she laughed again with an impish grin on face.

Professor Alden Conroy

--------------------
user posted image

PM
^
Professor Alden Conroy
 Posted: Jan 18 2018, 02:47 AM

Deputy HoH

Nicknames /

Age / 31

Post Count / 162

FC /

Pureblood / Single /

Alden chuckled at her joke. "Not many people just happen to be strolling by the Potions classroom at this time of day," he said, amused. Checking the clock that he had hanging on the wall, he noticed that by now, the students should all be making their way back to their common rooms for the night. "But I'm always pleased to welcome a fellow professor. Call me Alden." He shook her hand, then motioned her towards a chair in front of his desk. He accepted her gift happily, favoring her with a friendly smile and a nod. "Oh I definitely drink. These sound excellent." He began to move towards a small side table. "Speaking of drinking...can I offer you one? I have a great 25 year old scotch, or some good Kentucky bourbon here, if that's more your taste." He reached the table and grabbed the scotch, pouring himself a healthy measure before turning to her for her answer.

--------------------
PM
^
Professor Felicity Quinn
 Posted: Jan 18 2018, 03:06 AM

Deputy HoH

Nicknames / Fi

Age / 29

Post Count / 180

FC / Melissa Rauch

"Oh I definitely drink. These sound excellent. Speaking of drinking...can I offer you one? I have a great 25 year old scotch, or some good Kentucky bourbon here, if that's more your taste."

Felicity raised a perfectly shaped brow as she watched him head towards a small table by the desk. It was almost as if he knew she was really a Texas girl trapped in Prim New York girls body. ”The bourbon is certainly more my taste” she smiled, watching him pour. Felicity hadn’t sat as invited and slowly walked around the desk, looking around until she leaned against a shelf in his direction.

”So what do you think of our little school so far? Planning on staying?”

--------------------
user posted image

PM
^
Professor Alden Conroy
 Posted: Jan 20 2018, 02:17 AM

Deputy HoH

Nicknames /

Age / 31

Post Count / 162

FC /

Pureblood / Single /

Alden poured her a bourbon, neat, and then picked up both glasses, turning to deliver her drink to her. He saw that she wasn't sitting, but had instead wandered around. He crossed the space and approached her, offering her the bourbon.

"Here you are," he said, passing the glass to her. He then perched on the edge of the desk, taking a sip of his scotch. He closed his eyes as he swallowed the liquor, feeling the familiar warm burn travel down his throat to his belly.

At her question, he opened his eyes again. "The school is...different from what I'm used to, I suppose. But different is a good thing. Just a wee bit of a culture shock."

He reflected momentarily on how different he'd found the school from Hogwarts, and how it had been quite the adjustment early on. But he quickly moved on to her next question.

"I'm not sure. When I first started teaching, it was meant to be a temporary stop for me. But...anything is possible I suppose. I'll have to decide soon."

He glanced to the wall with his vacation photos on it, and realized he would really need to make a decision sooner rather than later. Turning back to Felicity, he smiled slightly, and then swirled his scotch before taking another sip.

"How do you find teaching? Enjoy it?"

--------------------
PM
^
Professor Felicity Quinn
 Posted: Jan 22 2018, 03:40 AM

Deputy HoH

Nicknames / Fi

Age / 29

Post Count / 180

FC / Melissa Rauch

He hadn’t seen her move and she smiled girlishly when he figured it out, but she remained quiet as she thanked him for the drink.

Felicity swirled the dark amber liquid in her glass as she listened to him respond to her question before taking a sip.

"The school is...different from what I'm used to, I suppose. But different is a good thing. Just a wee bit of a culture shock."

She then took a sip, the familiar liquid burning her throat and warming her insides. She made a face, but took another sip regardless as she continued to listen to his story.

"I'm not sure. When I first started teaching, it was meant to be a temporary stop for me. But...anything is possible I suppose. I'll have to decide soon."

Felicity observed him looking past her to the shelf, and she couldn’t help but eye that way as well until his own question arose.

"How do you find teaching? Enjoy it?"

And there is was. Fi placed the glass down on the small table she leaned against, only after taking another deep sip. The small woman began to walk around the office once more, examining this or that. If she moved there would be less chance of someone actually looking at her, seeing who she was. A defense mechanism she never knew she had.

”I don’t actually...” she sighed, tracing her finger along a book shelf. ”I was a research assistant for one of the greatest Arithmancers. We were working on safe ways to enhance No-maj technology with magic. The had our own little set up at the Ministry...” Felicity almost sounded sad as she picked up a picture of Alden and someone she didn’t know and envied it before putting it back with a sigh and faced the Potions master again, resting her back against the shelve. ”I was asked by the old Headmistress to teach and well that surprisingly paid for my Apartment more then the assistant job.”

Felicity had never meant to continue working for so long- teaching that was. She missed her research and wanted to continue her work.

Professor Alden Conroy

--------------------
user posted image

PM
^
Professor Alden Conroy
 Posted: Jan 29 2018, 03:11 AM

Deputy HoH

Nicknames /

Age / 31

Post Count / 162

FC /

Pureblood / Single /

Alden, ever the observant one, was watching her carefully as he spoke. He noticed the face she made as she took a swallow of the bourbon he had poured. He pressed on with the conversation, until he asked her how she enjoyed teaching. It was obvious from her reaction that he had found a bit of a nerve.

His eyes followed her around the small office, watching her as she wandered, listening intently as she described her career in Arithmancy. As she spoke, he heard a tone that he recognized all too well. Her love of Arithmancy, and the work that she had been doing, seemed to match his own for Potions. So many professors seem to stumble onto teaching almost by accident, he thought. I wonder if that's to the benefit of the students, or the detriment of our society as a whole. He took another sip of his drink to chase away the thoughts; he would ponder that particular philosophical quandary another time.

After she finished speaking, he let the silence stretch for a short time while he thought about what to say. Ever the problem-solver, he thought back to a similar conversation he had during his first year at Hogwarts.

"That does seem like a worthwhile project," he started carefully. "Your situation reminds me of another professor that I worked with, back at Hogwarts." He chose to omit Penelope's name, and the area of her research, in case she felt particularly protective over her field of study.

"Tell me," he continued, "have you ever considered attempting to introduce that line of research into your more advanced classes?" He remembered suggesting a similar line of exploration to Penelope, and how she had seemed fond of the idea. "Some of the older, more serious students could benefit from the things you learned, and it's entirely possible that they could provide a unique perspective. It's certainly not exactly the same as your previous work, but...perhaps finding some way to bring the two together..." he allowed his voice to trail off. Perhaps she wasn't looking for him to approach it as a problem to solve, but rather just hoping for a friendly ear.

--------------------
PM
^
Professor Felicity Quinn
 Posted: Feb 5 2018, 02:10 AM

Deputy HoH

Nicknames / Fi

Age / 29

Post Count / 180

FC / Melissa Rauch

"That does seem like a worthwhile project, Your situation reminds me of another professor that I worked with, back at Hogwarts."

Felicity was confused by his tone of voice but she has happy to hear that she wasn't the only one on the boat.

"Tell me, have you ever considered attempting to introduce that line of research into your more advanced classes? Some of the older, more serious students could benefit from the things you learned, and it's entirely possible that they could provide a unique perspective. It's certainly not exactly the same as your previous work, but...perhaps finding some way to bring the two together..."

She pursed her lips in thought as Felicity went to grab her drink again. "No can't say I have thought about it. Not exactly fully legal yet. I would have to speak to the headmistress about it first." she also trailed as she downed the rest of her drink, dropping the empty glass on the drink table and hopping up onto his desk, making herself at home.

"So tell me about Hogwarts. What's the biggest difference? I was in the UK for a conference earlier this year, stayed at an Inn in Hogsmeade. Closest I've been to the school. I've been told apparently I would have been in Slytherin." she grinned, "I'm a Wampus Alum myself."

Professor Alden Conroy

--------------------
user posted image

PM
^
Professor Alden Conroy
 Posted: Feb 15 2018, 02:12 AM

Deputy HoH

Nicknames /

Age / 31

Post Count / 162

FC /

Pureblood / Single /

Alden nodded quietly as she replied to his statement about using students to further her research. Pausing to consider the problem a moment longer, he reached a conclusion. "Yes, I suppose there are some areas where those methods would be more appropriate than others. A pity. That sounds like a promising field."

Clearly not wanting to dwell on the past, or at least, her past, his guest hopped up on to his desk, getting comfortable. "Hogwarts..." he said, his voice going reflective. "I don't know if I can pinpoint just one major difference. Honestly, they feel like totally different environments." In fact, the environment around Ilvermorny was so different that Alden had taken quite some time to adjust to it; he wasn't entirely sure he had fully adjusted, even now.

"I think, if I had to point to one thing..." he paused, measuring his words, "there is a lot of history between the four houses at Hogwarts. A lot of competition, a lot of old rivalries. And that seems to carry on from one generation to the next. So, I would say the intense rivalries and divisions between the student houses is probably the biggest difference." He sipped his drink, and, as she was sitting on his desk, took a seat in his chair.

He smiled as he settled into his chair. "I was a Ravenclaw when I attended school. A bit lost in books, focused on learning. I tried to ignore most of those rivalries and divisions, honestly. Serves no purpose." A bit of a nerd in his school days, he thought Horned Serpent fit him pretty well, here at Ilvermorny. "You should visit the castle, see what it's like. I think you'd enjoy it."

--------------------
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | Office | Next Newest »

OPTIONS REPLY NEW TOPIC START POLL