Welcome to HSO

Hogwarts School Online has been open since 2008 and we have been accepting members to our post-potter roleplaying site ever since. Thanks to our active members, we now have a new school on HSO, Ilvermorny! We wish you a fun journey on HSO and if you have any questions, just write in our OOC Chat Box and we’ll be happy to answer.

Wizard of the Month
Liam Archer
Quote of the Month
Samuel Silvera
Couple of the Month
Anastasia Gray & Gabriel Bourgeois
Class of the Month
Ancient Runes
Professor of the Month
Iris Callahan
New Student of the Month
Tom Ozen
Adult of the Month
Chief Healer Nelluna Lufkin

Latest Shouts In The Shoutbox -- View The Shoutbox · Rules -  

REPLY NEW TOPIC START POLL

Professor Alexander Hawkins' Office
Mayor Alexander Hawkins
 Posted: Dec 31 2017, 05:12 PM

Shopkeeper

Nicknames / Alex, Lex, A

Age / 34

Occupation / Technomancer

Post Count / 50

FC /

Pureblood / Single / unplotted

user posted image

--------------------
user posted image
Look and weep in jealousy. Credit goes to wonderful-est Eb.
PM
^
Mayor Alexander Hawkins
 Posted: Dec 31 2017, 05:29 PM

Shopkeeper

Nicknames / Alex, Lex, A

Age / 34

Post Count / 50

FC /

Alex had known a lot about magic-proofing space. It wasn't always easy, working with electronics as a wizard since magic seemed to seep through everything, and once you used your wand somewhere, you could almost forget about making a call in the next few hours. But there were tricks to it, tricks he'd used for his work time and time again - Ilvermorny would be a challenge, however. It was one thing, magic-proofing an apartment in a muggle neighbourhood, but a completely different one should the same be done in a school of wizardry.
Alexander would not be put off, however. He had the supplies he needed - blackened iron, rock salt, some silver, although he still doubted its properties in what he needed, and a few purification herbs. Hopefully, it'd be enough.

Professor Felicity Quinn

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Professor Felicity Quinn
 Posted: Dec 31 2017, 07:54 PM

Deputy HoH

Nicknames / Fi

Age / 29

Occupation / Slytherin DHOH/Arithmancy Professor

Post Count / 180

FC / Melissa Rauch

No-Maj Born / Single / Unplotted

Felicity was excited that Alex had asked her to help with de-magicing his office. Even though she didn't fully understand why he would want to magic proof his office Felicity was up for the challenge, she could tell how passionate he was about this type of stuff from their first meeting.

She headed to his office after lunch when they both had a free period, supplies of her own in her hands. Charts, coals, and other potions.

With a free hand, Felicity knocked on the door. "Alex..? I'm here"

Professor Alexander Hawkins

--------------------
user posted image
Please follow the links before you ask me questions!

PM
^
Mayor Alexander Hawkins
 Posted: Dec 31 2017, 08:22 PM

Shopkeeper

Nicknames / Alex, Lex, A

Age / 34

Post Count / 50

FC /

As Alex rolled up the sleeves and started clearing out his shelves, there came a knock on the door. "Come in, Felicity," he answered, balancing several books in each of his hand. Not his finest moment - he really should've figured out a system, first. "Thank you for agreeing to help me," he offered, dropping the tomes on the ground somewhat unceremoniously. "It should go much easier that way."

Professor Felicity Quinn

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Professor Felicity Quinn
 Posted: Dec 31 2017, 09:40 PM

Deputy HoH

Nicknames / Fi

Age / 29

Post Count / 180

FC / Melissa Rauch

Felicity pushed herself the rest of the way inside with the help of her hip and made her way over to his desk to deposit her goods. "It's really my pleasure" she smiled turning to face him, leaning against his desk and watched him struggle with the removal of his books from the shelves.

"So you never told me why you're doing this. I mean I know you're the No-Maj studies teacher but isn't this taking things a tad too far?" she asked making her way over to the where he had strewn the books and began to pile them.

--------------------
user posted image

PM
^
Mayor Alexander Hawkins
 Posted: Dec 31 2017, 10:28 PM

Shopkeeper

Nicknames / Alex, Lex, A

Age / 34

Post Count / 50

FC /

Alex really appreciated the help - and the conversation, which would help keep him sane during this project. "There's too far and there's acknowledging my own needs," he shook his head. He could see how this effort could seem over the top, just as well as it could seem insane, however, there were things that would be so much easier if he went through with it. "I have work that requires me to at the very least regulate the amount of energy within my workspace. And it would be just so more comfortable to be able to work on everything here than to have to apparate away for every little idea," he attempted to explain. This was the fault of his chosen field, he supposed. It wasn't easy to work while among his own kind. "I suppose it is a bit of an indulgence, instead of a necessity, but it is a very effective and rewarding one," he shrugged. What he didn't quite share was the fact that he's gotten so used to low-magic environment that the energy of the school was starting to get on his nerves a bit.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Professor Felicity Quinn
 Posted: Jan 1 2018, 03:32 AM

Deputy HoH

Nicknames / Fi

Age / 29

Post Count / 180

FC / Melissa Rauch

Felicity nodded, she could understand that. Though at the same time coming from a No Maj family, and being a Witch, Felicity loved magic and wanted to incorporate more of it into no maj tech. Though a lot of that was still illegal and disapproved of.

She wanted to look into his mind, Felicity was curious about Alex's love of nonmagic people. Not that she found it weird but was merely curious.

She began to move the books to a corner and turned back to him again, hands slipped into her back jeans pockets. She didn't want to wear for normal robes for a demagicfying event. "So how did you get this gig?" she asked moving back to his desk and started to set up her Arithmancy charts.

--------------------
user posted image

PM
^
Mayor Alexander Hawkins
 Posted: Jan 6 2018, 01:35 PM

Shopkeeper

Nicknames / Alex, Lex, A

Age / 34

Post Count / 50

FC /

Alex loved magic, it was a deep part of him and he'd always gravitate back to it in the end, but he disliked the way everyone expected him to be dependant on it. There was nothing he liked less than being predictable or typical.
At Felicity's question, he chuckled a little. "Do you want the whole story or the simple answer?" he asked jokingly. Honestly, it probably wasn't the best idea to recount his life story to such a simple question, but at the same time, the easy way out might be a disappointing answer... "I mean, I didn't feel like leaving the States just yet and I needed work, and my sister seemed happy with her teaching position back at Hogwarts... so I figured, why not. Interviewed, got the job. Not that complicated," he shrugged a little. There was no need to explain the reasons for leaving his last place of employment - which, to be honest, were a little over-dramatic, in hindsight - was there?

Professor Felicity Quinn

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Professor Felicity Quinn
 Posted: Jan 11 2018, 03:12 AM

Deputy HoH

Nicknames / Fi

Age / 29

Post Count / 180

FC / Melissa Rauch

She looked up from her charts and raised a brow. Apparently, Alex didn't really talk about it and so Fi left it at that. "no problem. That's cool your sister works at Hogwarts. I didn't know that" She smiled, going back to her charts and working out some of the math.

"Okay... so we should pile like-items together then there's a charm to dampen the magic. Then I'm thinking we should empty the office before we burn the herbs. What do you think?" she asked, looking up slowly the end of her pen to her lips in thought. Felicity had never done this before but it seemed logical to her.

--------------------
user posted image

PM
^
Mayor Alexander Hawkins
 Posted: Feb 2 2018, 01:35 PM

Shopkeeper

Nicknames / Alex, Lex, A

Age / 34

Post Count / 50

FC /

Alex chuckled at Felicity's reaction to his story. "Well, of course, it never came up, so why would you?" he shrugged with a smile. "What about you? How did you end up here? Any story behind that?"

He found himself nodding along with her suggestions. "Yes. I would like to get this around the walls, though," he pointed out the iron slats laid down behind his desk. "So that we're not accidentally trying to de-magic the castle. That'd probably not go too well." He quickly cast the levitation spell on the first one to get it aligned with the wall right underneath the ceiling, affixing it with temporarily with another charm, before reaching for a hammer and a few nails and getting started on making sure it would stay up even without magical effects. "It should be enough to get them all up here, I think. If you could get them to stay up along the ceiling, for now, I can finish up the nails," he offered up questioningly, twirling the hammer in his hand (miraculously avoiding shattering his fingers).

Professor Felicity Quinn

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Professor Felicity Quinn
 Posted: Feb 6 2018, 01:21 AM

Deputy HoH

Nicknames / Fi

Age / 29

Post Count / 180

FC / Melissa Rauch

"What about you? How did you end up here? Any story behind that?"

She scoffed with a smile, as she continued organizing. "Nothing other than what I mentioned at that party. But I can understand how you forgot" She winked up at Alex, laughing. Felicity remembered how their conversation had been cut short by Emma entering the party at Jaffy's house.

Felicity picked herself off the floor and stepped closer to Alex taking note of what he wanted.

So that we're not accidentally trying to de-magic the castle. That'd probably not go too well." She nodded as Fi watched him start to levitate the iron. "Ironic no? Using magic to de-magic?" She knew it was the only way to do it but she found it fun.

"It should be enough to get them all up here, I think. If you could get them to stay up along the ceiling, for now, I can finish up the nails," Felicity nodded, quickly pulling her blonde hair up into a messy bun atop her head. "I think I can manage it. So long as you manage not to knock off your fingers. I'm not the best of mending bruises and flesh damage" She laughed at him with her eyes, resting her hand on his holding the hammer as she spoke. So she was flirting, Fi found it made her relationships more fun.

Slowly pulling her hand back from his, Felicity pulled out her wand, the red wood bright against her skin and began to levitate the iron strips into place, thinking of a spell to keep them in place so she didn't have to continue standing there and could help him instead.

--------------------
user posted image

PM
^
Mayor Alexander Hawkins
 Posted: Feb 13 2018, 08:43 AM

Shopkeeper

Nicknames / Alex, Lex, A

Age / 34

Post Count / 50

FC /

Alex felt his face go red as Felicity reminded him of their conversation at the Halloween party. Oops. "Oh wow, I'm sorry," he facepalmed. "It's not that I wasn't paying attention, I swear - I remember now that I think about it - ministry research pretty much since school, right? Events and conversations tend to mix up in my head sometimes."

"Iron-ic?" he couldn't help but chuckle at her comment as he nodded towards the metal bar he was affixing to the wall. "I mean, it's killing fire with fire, except in this case it might actually work, right?" It was a bit funny, that while trying to get rid of something, they had to use even more of it... He would happily spend his days looking for a muggle way to do it, but considering the secrecy statutes made it impossible to ask anyone for actual help, there was little chance he could come up with something as effective as this.

Alex caught the hammer a bit more safely, quietly sending off a prayer to keep himself intact. "Well, that's something we have in common then," he nodded with a smile at the notion she wasn't too good at healing. "We'd better be extra careful." He added, with just a slight hint of actual seriousness, and set off hammering.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | Office | Next Newest »

OPTIONS REPLY NEW TOPIC START POLL