Welcome to HSO

Hogwarts School Online has been open since 2008 and we have been accepting members to our post-potter roleplaying site ever since. Thanks to our active members, we now have a new school on HSO, Ilvermorny! We wish you a fun journey on HSO and if you have any questions, just write in our OOC Chat Box and we’ll be happy to answer.

Wizard of the Month
Liam Archer
Quote of the Month
Samuel Silvera
Couple of the Month
Anastasia Gray & Gabriel Bourgeois
Class of the Month
Ancient Runes
Professor of the Month
Iris Callahan
New Student of the Month
Tom Ozen
Adult of the Month
Chief Healer Nelluna Lufkin

Latest Shouts In The Shoutbox -- View The Shoutbox · Rules -  

CLOSED NEW TOPIC START POLL

How to kill time in Boston, tag Professor Emma Baldwin
Mayor Alexander Hawkins
 Posted: Aug 6 2017, 08:39 PM

Shopkeeper

Nicknames / Alex, Lex, A

Age / 34

Occupation / Technomancer

Post Count / 50

FC /

Pureblood / Single / unplotted

Alexander was bored. He knew next to nothing about Boston, but he had some time before his portkey was supposed to go off (he didn't particularly enjoy apparating across the continent) and so he was stuck in Massachusetts. Maybe it would pay off if he left his apartment in SF if he actually got the job. It wasn't as if half a year in that place made it a home.
Eventually, he found himself in a small café in the wizarding neighbourhood - he didn't want to risk leaving it and then not being able to find his way back to his transport, although he did mourn the fact that he couldn't count on wifi existing around here. He settled down with a piece of parchment, getting started on a letter to his sister. If nothing else, he didn't really have an excuse not to write to her right now, and the interview did remind him of the fact she had written a short note to let him know she was staying back home and teaching at their alma mater. Alex missed her - it was quite a while since they saw each other. It must've been... how long now? Ten years? He stopped writing and stared off into space, trying to recall just when was it that he saw her last.

Professor Emma Baldwin

--------------------
user posted image
Look and weep in jealousy. Credit goes to wonderful-est Eb.
PM
^
Professor Emma Baldwin
 Posted: Aug 23 2017, 07:41 PM

Deputy HoH

Nicknames / Ems

Age / 22

Occupation /

Post Count / 38

FC / Bella Hadid

Half-blood / Single / Unplotted

Emma rarely spent time in the wizarding neighborhoods. She found the Muggle part of the town more exciting, it always felt like the muggles have more energy than the wizards of the States. If it weren't for her two brothers who happen to love hanging out in this cafe, she wouldn't have gotten addicted to their latte either but here she was after another summer meeting in school. Things have been draining her energy lately like the fact that school just ended and they were already planning for the next one. Still, she loved the chance they gave her by letting her teach. She's always been passionate about Potions and Alchemy was just better academically, in her opinion. Getting herself a cup of latte, she looked around the cafe to see if there's anyone new. Did I mention how she's the social butterfly? Well, now you know. A sweet smile on her lips, she put her cup on the man's table and sat across him. "Hello. You are new." Emma said and leaned back in her chair, not waiting for the man to introduce himself. "I'm Emma."

outfit
Alexander Hawkins
PM EMAIL
^
Mayor Alexander Hawkins
 Posted: Aug 30 2017, 01:29 PM

Shopkeeper

Nicknames / Alex, Lex, A

Age / 34

Post Count / 50

FC /

Alex, in fact, did not expect a woman sitting down at his table and introducing herself. Perhaps he spent time in the wrong places, and this was the usual way to meet people? Hard to tell, really.
"Lovely to make your acquaintance. I'm Alexander," he introduced himself in turn, not even hesitating to exploit the supposed advantage of a British accent. She was attractive, and he was starting to feel lonely, so why not see if she was interested. After all, she approached him first, so he didn't have to feel predatory over it. "And yes, I suppose I am new - Boston's never really been my kind of scene. You are from here then, if you can tell so easily?" He folded the parchment - he barely managed to write the 'Dearest sister', unsure of what should be his starting point for the letter - and tucked it into the inner pocket of his jacket. With company, there was no use in trying to write anymore, he wouldn't want to seem rude.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Professor Emma Baldwin
 Posted: Aug 30 2017, 02:12 PM

Deputy HoH

Nicknames / Ems

Age / 22

Occupation /

Post Count / 38

FC / Bella Hadid

Emma couldn't be sure what is the usual way to greet someone but this was the way she did it. It felt less formal and awkward for her, well, it can be the most awkward situation for anyone shy that's trying this but for her, it felt like the simplest way of getting to know someone. If they say something rude she can just leave, it's not like this person is the one running her life or anything, she wouldn't be butthurt at all either. Though thankfully, he spoke up and she breathed a soft sigh of relief. Because for goodness' sake, he was cute. And his accent just added to the beauty that is this British guy in front of her. Way to go, Emma, hitting the bull's-eye yet again, the woman was a walking-talking four-leaf clover. "Yes, I teach Alchemy in Ilvermorny so I happen to come here quite a lot." She explained with a soft smile before diverting her gaze to the other tables for distracting. Too much staring was never good, she always felt like the other person can tell what you are thinking of just by looking into your eyes. "So, what made you come to our old boring town?" Emma asked, finally forcing her gaze back on him.
PM EMAIL
^
Mayor Alexander Hawkins
 Posted: Aug 31 2017, 07:24 PM

Shopkeeper

Nicknames / Alex, Lex, A

Age / 34

Post Count / 50

FC /

An Illvermorny professor? Well, aren't I lucky today... Alex thought with a raised eyebrow. "I came for a job interview, actually. If I'm deemed worthy, we might become colleagues," he raised his cup a bit in a mock toast. "Muggle- I mean, No-Maj Studies is what I'd be teaching. I am slightly worried though. The 'you'll hear from us' at the end of a talk tends to be a bad sign..." he scrunched up his nose, unsure of what to think. He didn't know about that many people interested in the position, in the first place, but he would hardly hear about something like that. "But maybe I'm just being pessimistic," he waved his hand over it dismissively. He didn't necessarily need the job. It would be nice to have it, as a steady flow of income, but he could get by without it well enough that he didn't have to worry about it. "I hope you don't mind me saying, but I bet you get a lot of students coming to the lessons just for the teacher," he chanced a comment with a small smile, keeping his eyes on her face, hoping he didn't just cross that invisible line of inappropriateness.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Professor Emma Baldwin
 Posted: Sep 1 2017, 06:26 PM

Deputy HoH

Nicknames / Ems

Age / 22

Occupation /

Post Count / 38

FC / Bella Hadid

She raised an eyebrow when he said they can be colleagues. At a first glance, he didn't look like a professor but she could see him in the professor robes with a serious expression on his face. Perhaps he could pull it off better than she does, considering she's having a hard time trying to be civil with the seventh year boys. "Oh, don't be pessimistic! I'm sure you will get in. Izzy likes to surround herself with cute guys, from what I can see." She explained with a soft smile, not feeling awkward at all that she just called the man cute. Not accepting that would be like not stating the obvious. While she was used to being the blunt one in a conversation, what she wasn't used to was the other person being equally blunt with her. Feeling her cheeks heat up at his comment, she looked away from him for a few seconds as the corners of her mouth twitched upwards to form a warm but shy smile. Finally looking back at the man, she shook her head with a laugh before adding "I'm Emma." in an attempt to divert the attention from her & her reaction to that compliment.
PM EMAIL
^
Mayor Alexander Hawkins
 Posted: Sep 4 2017, 06:10 PM

Shopkeeper

Nicknames / Alex, Lex, A

Age / 34

Post Count / 50

FC /

Alexander chuckled. He had little problem with compliments - not that everyone would throw himself at him, but it wasn't too rare an occasion that someone took an interest based on his looks. And bluntness was only welcomed, as, apparently, he could be the most oblivious of them all sometimes. "Well, let's hope it's enough then," he replied cheerfully to the comment about the headmistress hiring good-looking staff. At least some incentive for the older kids to still care about their lessons, right?
Ha! She blushed! Nice work, he thought, happy that he didn't lose his touch completely. "And I'm Alex," he winked, pretending as if double introductions were the most regular thing in the world. He leaned forward on his forearms slightly, not trying to crowd her, but more showing he was now more comfortable with her presence than when she first arrived and surprised him. "Tell me, Emma, do you always chat with strangers when you get coffee, or should I feel very flattered you decided to grace me with your presence?"

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Professor Emma Baldwin
 Posted: Sep 10 2017, 06:10 PM

Deputy HoH

Nicknames / Ems

Age / 22

Occupation /

Post Count / 38

FC / Bella Hadid

Growing up with three brothers and a younger sister, Emma never managed to learn more about the fine line between flirting and being friendly. For all she knows, boys liked her as friends only and she's somehow became a weird female best friend of males, how fun. While she was determined to step out of that zone with a few, they ended up dating her friends so it was back to the very beginning with all. With Alex, she wasn't quite sure if they are flirting in their own weird way but Emma could no longer understand the difference between the two, so excuse her stupidity too. Grinning when he asked whether he approaches every stranger or not, Emma batted her eyelashes as if she's some innocent angelic thing and maybe she was in a way but let's not get into that now. "I chat with people I feel worthy of my conversation." She answered and winked before sipping her coffee. "Or something like that. I stole that line from a book." She added with a smile.
PM EMAIL
^
Mayor Alexander Hawkins
 Posted: Sep 16 2017, 05:40 PM

Shopkeeper

Nicknames / Alex, Lex, A

Age / 34

Post Count / 50

FC /

This was fun. Alex missed this... freedom of talking to whomever. Grace was always so possessive of him, and he spent all his time either with her or his research and apparently, he didn't realize how much he enjoyed going out, talking to friends and strangers alike, just being with people. "Well, it's a good line," he laughed lightly at her answer. He swirled his cup around distractedly, figuring out what to say next, before finally deciding to move the topic towards her. "How did you get to teaching anyway? I hope you don't mind me saying, but you don't necessarily strike me as the scholarly type. You seem... more passionate and energetic than the professors I remember having back at school." Ohh now he was skirting way too close to the offensive. Hopefully, she wouldn't take the first part of his comment like a criticism - it definitely wasn't intended that way. There was still a part of him that needed to re-learn all the lines he shouldn't cross.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Professor Emma Baldwin
 Posted: Oct 2 2017, 09:32 PM

Deputy HoH

Nicknames / Ems

Age / 22

Occupation /

Post Count / 38

FC / Bella Hadid

Normally, for a woman, there were many lines to not cross, every line having different relationship levels on them. For Emma, it was quite simple. As long as you don't bluntly ask for a physical activity or make pervy comments, you weren't on her blacklist. So when a cute guy like Alexander asked her that question, she just chuckled before answering truthfully. "I wanted to be a kindergarten teacher when I was younger. Of course, back then I didn't know I could do well in Alchemy. So I applied for the job and now I'm here." She explained and then with a shrug of her shoulders, looked down at her drink, taking a sip from it before meeting his pretty eyes. again. Stay focused Emma. "Tell me, Alexander. Why no-maj studies?" She asked, turning the mic to him once again because if she kept it to herself, her face would explode from the heat.
PM EMAIL
^
Mayor Alexander Hawkins
 Posted: Oct 7 2017, 11:48 AM

Shopkeeper

Nicknames / Alex, Lex, A

Age / 34

Post Count / 50

FC /

She was avoiding looking at him directly. That was... somewhat endearing. He chuckled lightly when she asked him a question, knowing a bit too well that some people liked to criticize his... devotion to his field. "You've just opened a door that is very hard to close, dear Emma," he started with a smirk. "There's a long and a short answer. Short is that I was fascinated by the non-magical society since I was young," he continued. While this was completely true, it wasn't the whole story, and since she asked, he was about to spill most of his life story without really caring if he was being his 'annoying' version, as some called it.
"I'm from a very wizarding family. The closest muggle relative I have is a maternal great-great-grandfather, as far as I know," he started the explanation. "And it was quite a shock when I first met my muggle-born classmates with all of those intriguing experiences and problems and gadgets - sure, they didn't work at school, but sooner or later, I started sneaking out to London just to people-watch. It was so fascinating, seeing these people who could live just as fulfilling a life as any wizard without needing a single spell," he grew a little misty-eyed, reminiscing about the time he bought a small portable radio and spent most of his summer break disassembling it just to see if he could put it back together.
"After graduating, I went through some intense lessons in muggle science and enrolled at a muggle university. For a course in computer studies, no less. But lately, I figured I could use something more stable than pure research, so teaching it is. My sister claims it hasn't interfered with her own work, so I figured I could handle it as well. And now I'm here," he finished, taking a sip of his drink, awaiting whether his companion would look at him as if he was insane or if she was even still listening.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Professor Emma Baldwin
 Posted: Nov 11 2017, 07:28 PM

Deputy HoH

Nicknames / Ems

Age / 22

Occupation /

Post Count / 38

FC / Bella Hadid

Dear Emma... She could get used to that. Damn. It was the accent, she blamed the accent for the way his voice made her feel inside. Her friends always warned her about the British and how their accents have the dazing effect on women, however, only knowing Izzy with that accent, she had never been in this situation with her before therefore she was inexperienced when it came to handling the hot accent... and that freaking smirk. She listened, fascinated by the way words rolled out of her tongue so easily, of course, not just staring at him but listening to his words and trying to understand too. "That's a Wizard in a Muggle Village kinda story, I would totally read it." She blurted out, admitting that she read a young adult novel about a wizard exploring a muggle village, very classy Emma. "Wait- Your sister is in Ilvermorny too? How did I miss that?" Emma asked, sipping her coffee as she eyed the pretty man a little closer, wondering if she met anyone with his features.
PM EMAIL
^
Mayor Alexander Hawkins
 Posted: Nov 27 2017, 05:07 PM

Shopkeeper

Nicknames / Alex, Lex, A

Age / 34

Post Count / 50

FC /

No bored eye rolls? No teasing over his ranting? Alex, you may have found the perfect woman right there, the man mused, more intrigued than before. "I must've told it more interesting than it was..." he laughed at her comment. He knew people with way better stories than his was.
Oh, he missed his sister so. It was slightly strange, considering the longest they lived in the same place was six years, and he barely remembered anything from that time - since he wasn't even ten. "Not Ilvermorny. She's back in the UK, teaching Charms at Hogwarts - but I'm not ready to leave the Americas just yet, not for a job I can do just as well over here," he explained promptly. He didn't even realise he didn't specify that part during his talking. "Plus, mother's going to be ecstatic that I'm teaching at her alma mater..." He would have to write to her, too. And then brace himself for the howler from his father over abandoning research... Hm.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Emile Rousseau
 Posted: Jan 15 2018, 02:47 PM

Honorary Gov

Nicknames / None

Age / 27

Occupation /

Post Count / 2359

FC / Theo James

Pure / Not Telling / Plotted

[This RP Topic is finished or inactive. Contact an admin to move it back.]

--------------------
user posted image
Zoe blessed me with this sig because she's madly in love with me.
I have bragging rights // Lightning
Please follow the links before you ask me questions!

user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image
PM
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | Topic Archives | Next Newest »

OPTIONS CLOSED NEW TOPIC START POLL