Welcome to HSO

Hogwarts School Online has been open since 2008 and we have been accepting members to our post-potter roleplaying site ever since. Thanks to our active members, we now have a new school on HSO, Ilvermorny! We wish you a fun journey on HSO and if you have any questions, just write in our OOC Chat Box and we’ll be happy to answer.

Wizard of the Month
Liam Archer
Quote of the Month
Samuel Silvera
Couple of the Month
Anastasia Gray & Gabriel Bourgeois
Class of the Month
Ancient Runes
Professor of the Month
Iris Callahan
New Student of the Month
Tom Ozen
Adult of the Month
Chief Healer Nelluna Lufkin

Latest Shouts In The Shoutbox -- View The Shoutbox · Rules -  

REPLY NEW TOPIC START POLL

Lesson One
Professor Elisabeth Matheson
 Posted: Sep 4 2017, 04:29 PM

Professor

Nicknames / lis

Age / 27

Occupation / Ilvermorny Herbology Prof

Post Count / 240

FC / holland roden

muggle / Dating / plotted

Elisabeth was still unsure about this teaching in America thing, but so far it seemed alright. Izzy had convinced her fairly well, and she did enjoy working with her best friend very much. She sat at the front of the class, wearing wizard robes for once and feeling distinctly odd. Her name was written on the blackboard along with the materials and class rules as she waited for the students to file in. She wasn't really nervous, Elisabeth didn't do nervous.

As they all began to come in, she smiled. "For now, everything can stay in your bags, we'll start off with a little chat about how things will work and my expectations."

((OOC: make sure you've signed up, read the rules, done the IBStore thing, and signed that you've read the rules and bought the pack, if you've got any questions, pm me.))

--------------------
user posted image
thanks to Audrey Evans
PM
^
Kate Babson
 Posted: Sep 6 2017, 08:25 PM

Wampus 3rd Year

Nicknames / Katie, Princess

Age / 12

Occupation / Student

Post Count / 71

FC /

No-Maj-born / Single / Unplotted

Kate entered to Herbology class, hoping that this year would be more interesting than the previous one. She wanted to learn about dangerous plants and know the exact way to defeat them. She plopped down to a seat at the back of the classroom, throwing her black shoulderbag to the ground next to her. A new professor again, who wants to have a little chat... Great... - she muttered silently, hoping that she wouldn't be asked to stand up and tell her name again to the others who already knew it.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Sara Milano
 Posted: Sep 7 2017, 12:17 AM

Wampus 6th Year

Nicknames /

Age / 15

Occupation /

Post Count / 61

FC / Maia Mitchell

/ Not Telling /

Sara walked in wanting to learn more about dangerous magical plants and how to deal with them. She took a seat next to Kate and took out everything she needed. She didn't know why the professor wanted to have a chat first. She was going to try and pay attention while they were having a chat. She tapped her fingers on her desk while she waited for class to start.

--------------------
user posted image

made by winterfall@shadowplay
PM
^
Charlie Blaire
 Posted: Sep 8 2017, 06:17 PM

Pukwudgie 4th Year

Nicknames / Char

Age / 13

Occupation / Student

Post Count / 66

FC / Annalise Basso

Half-Blood / Single / Unplotted

Charlie walked into class seeing both Sara and Kate. She saw Sara sit on one side of Kate and so decided to sit on her other side. "Hey guys" She smiled brightly, about to take out her things when the Professor told them to keep their supplies in their bags. Charlie dropped her back pack beside her and straightened up in her seat.

--------------------
user posted image
Set Made By the Wonderful Audrey Evans user posted image
PM
^
Caroline Vanderbilt
 Posted: Sep 9 2017, 09:29 PM

Horned Serpent 5th Year

Nicknames / Caro

Age / 14

Occupation / Horned Serpent 4th year

Post Count / 36

FC / Rachel Ann Yampolsky

Pureblood / Single / unplotted

Caro wasn't exactly thrilled about this "combined classes" nonsense that was happening. She grumbled the whole way to class, just hoping H would show up. Dropping her bag on the ground, she sat down in her chair, hoping this new herbology professor at least made things interesting.
PM
^
 Posted: Sep 9 2017, 09:34 PM

Professor

Nicknames / lis

Age / 27

Post Count / 240

FC / holland roden

Elisabeth watched a handful of girls trickle in to the greenhouse classroom, arching an eyebrow as one began to mutter under her breath. "I suggest you get your ideas of what you are and aren't allowed to mumble about in ear shot of me under control, sweetie, otherwise, you're going to be in for a world of hurt in my room. Especially as you seem to be a prefect? I seem like a kind and caring individual, but Headmistress Goethe and I spent all of school attached at the hip, and I know every trick in the book. I spent most of my time in detention and will put you there to. Understand me? Talk to your friends until we get started and then my way or the high way. Period." Elisabeth smiled kindly, but her eyes held a spark of "don't mess with me, or you might regret it."

Kate Babson

--------------------
user posted image
thanks to Audrey Evans
PM
^
Kate Babson
 Posted: Sep 26 2017, 01:21 PM

Wampus 3rd Year

Age / 12

Occupation / Student

Post Count / 71

FC /

Kate blushed of embarrassment and anger. Great... she heard it... - she thought, paying attention not to say it out loud, nor silently. She decided it would be better not to open her mouth, only if asked. The whole thing was way too embarrassing... She didn't even address her words to anyone! If she could disapparate, or sink right under her desk and become invisible, she would have done it already. She sighed, and said. 'I'm sorry Professor, it won't happen again.' - she said and looked down to the desk in front of her.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Vincent Van Dalen
 Posted: Sep 26 2017, 06:16 PM

Thunderbird 4th Year

Nicknames / Vince

Age /

Occupation /

Post Count / 48

FC /

Halfblood / Single / unplotted

Vincent listened to his DHOH´s words, smiling a little when he saw the impressions on some students faces when they heard about the little chat the professor wanted to start with. Why not? This seems fair enough, talking about rules and expectations. Vince thought and sucked in some air, running his fingers through his hair when he heard the Professors reply to Katés words. Yes, that´s how he knew his DHOH. And this was Thunderbird vantage. Don´t make her angry! he thought, giving Kate an encouraging smile while making a mental note to get in contact with that smart looking Wampus girl.
PM EMAIL
^
Matia Landi
 Posted: Sep 27 2017, 01:25 AM

Famous

Nicknames / Matt, Mati

Age / 17

Occupation /

Post Count / 62

FC / Mariano Ontanon

/ Single / Unplotted

Matia had to bite his tongue to prevent himself from laughing as one girl got busted by the Professor. As a rule follower, Mati wasn’t surprised that this Professor wanted to remind the younger students about them. He wasn’t too concerned himself about creating chaos as he usually had to fix things some of his brothers/cousins did.
PM
^
Caroline Vanderbilt
 Posted: Oct 4 2017, 03:57 AM

Horned Serpent 5th Year

Nicknames / Caro

Age / 14

Occupation / Horned Serpent 4th year

Post Count / 36

FC / Rachel Ann Yampolsky

Pureblood / Single / unplotted

Caro wasn't too surprised to see the redheaded professor getting irritated with the wampus prefect girl, but then her attention was distracted by Matia Landi. She couldn't help herself. He was so beautiful and smart and perfect. She just set her head on her hand and sighed, until her elbow slid off the table and she almost whacked her chin on the table. She flushed and returned to herself though looking around to see if anyone had noticed.
PM
^
Matia Landi
 Posted: Oct 4 2017, 03:30 PM

Famous

Nicknames / Matt, Mati

Age / 17

Occupation /

Post Count / 62

FC / Mariano Ontanon

/ Single / Unplotted

Matia had been focussing on his book when he decided to look around and saw Caroline's flushed face and winked at her playfully before focussing back to Professor Matheson. He was into guys, but he knew some girls were looking at him the way Caroline did. Still it annoyed him a little. He had seen her following him around probably thinking she was discreet about it. However, he had no idea how to tell her nicely that he was flattered by the attention, but not interested.
PM
^
 Posted: Oct 22 2017, 10:25 PM

Professor

Nicknames / lis

Age / 27

Post Count / 240

FC / holland roden

Elisabeth waited for another moment before moving on, turning her eyes away from the girl so she perhaps wouldn't be so embarrassed. "Now, as you've likely noticed, we are a mixed level class. This means my older students will need to do some self study as we get going. I trust you enough to do that. My younger students, I expect you to follow my rules. There are plants in these rooms that could kill you. I mean that literally. We don't horse play in my greenhouses. You can break rules of herbology when you're the one having to worry about your own safety. That's what I did before I was a teacher. If you want the stories....well....now's not the time." She grinned a bit. "Any other questions, ask Headmistress Goethe, if you're brave enough. I've already said I was a trouble maker in school, so that just means you're not going to be able to pull the wool over my eyes, so don't bother. I already did it before you did. I will give you detention. It helps culture a healthy distaste for authority and questioning of the status quo. It's necessary to keep society progressing forward. Anyway...now that I've made you confused about where I actually stand in regards to rules. I trust you've all required your materials? I expect you to be prepared for every class. That means books, papers, quills or pens, I don't care which, I grew up in a muggle house, pens are more practical, feel free, dragon hide gloves, etc."

She took a breath and grinned. "Here comes where I differ, you're used to teachers tell you why I'm sure. Older kiddos, you know why, so give the little lads and lasses a chance. Why in a herbology class, especially mixed up as we are would it be detrimental to be late or unprepared? What kind of environment could that create??"

(((OOC: Fun fact, I will give points if you participate actively here in this lesson, I'm not above bribery, I just have to check what my being allowed is. Feel free to say Elisabeth has pointed at your character. Just if you notice you and someone else were posting at the same time edit to keep things in order and try not to all answer exactly the same thing.)))

--------------------
user posted image
thanks to Audrey Evans
PM
^
Kate Babson
 Posted: Oct 29 2017, 10:45 PM

Wampus 3rd Year

Age / 12

Occupation / Student

Post Count / 71

FC /

Kate sighed as Professor Matheson finally looked away from her. She gave a long and confusing explanation about her and rules. For Kate, it was clear as mud. Matheson always emphasized what a rebel she was, how she knows every little trick that students could invent; and in the meantime she wanted her students to obey her rules and be disciplined... Her attention started to wander. She played some of her favourite songs in her head. She quickly got back as she heard something about pens and dragon hide gloves. She quickly put all the required supplies on the desk, trying to uncrease her parchment rolls, which were in kind of a bad condition... As the prof asked her first questions, she shot her hand up to the air, 'Because if we aren't prepared with the necessary knowledge and all the stuff to protect our body, it would result only blood and chaos, Professor Matheson.' - she said, with the most innocent expression she could force to her face, hoping that the woman would at least appreciate that she tried...

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | Pensieve | Next Newest »

OPTIONS REPLY NEW TOPIC START POLL