Welcome to HSO

Hogwarts School Online has been open since 2008 and we have been accepting members to our post-potter roleplaying site ever since. Thanks to our active members, we now have a new school on HSO, Ilvermorny! We wish you a fun journey on HSO and if you have any questions, just write in our OOC Chat Box and we’ll be happy to answer.

Wizard of the Month
Enoch Thaxter
Quote of the Month
Noah Badem
Couple of the Month
David Beaux & Jai Cobe
Class of the Month
Frog Choir
Professor of the Month
Gabriel Bourgeois
New Student of the Month
Liam Archer
Adult of the Month
Connor Glass

Latest Shouts In The Shoutbox -- View The Shoutbox · Rules -  

Pages: (5) 1 2 3 4 5  ( Go to first unread post ) REPLY NEW TOPIC START POLL

Dining Room, North Wing, 1st floor
Enoch Thaxter
 Posted: Sep 1 2017, 05:12 AM

Head Boy

Nicknames / Foxy Knight

Age / 17

Occupation /

Post Count / 230

FC / Bruno Mars

Halfblood / Single / Plotted

Seeing many of the people present leave, Enoch decided it was probably best fir him to leave too. He got up after saying that he needed to stretch a bit and didn't have to be told twice before escaping the dining room to wander around the estates to stay away from the 'control freak' that was William. He hated those type of people just as much as the self centered ones...

--------------------
user posted image
set made by Audrey Evans

Enoch's animagus: cross fox

user posted image
PM EMAIL
^
Bellaluna Mckenzie
 Posted: Sep 1 2017, 05:14 AM

Claw 2nd Year

Nicknames / Bella, Bells, Luna

Age / 12

Occupation / Student

Post Count / 678

FC / Natalie Dormer

Pureblood / Single / Plotted

"If I may be excused...I need to...powder my nose again."

As if Bella hadn't been shocked enough by Professor Bourgeois leaving the table - a major faux pas at this point in the dinner -, her sister had followed suit, with a rather ridiculous excuse at that.

And Kieran had completed the trio of departures.

She cringed...

...and with good reason...

As soon as her brother disappeared, William sputtered venom.

"What, in the bloody HELL, is going on through these idiots' head? Youth these days know no better than to plainly disregard the most basic of manners! What is so GODFORSAKING hard to understand that one simply DOES NOT leave the BLOODY table whenever that fancy strikes them!!! I am the LORD of this family and only I can give PERMISSION to be excused!"

Esme, her own shock evaporating, tried to intervene to calm the elder man...

"William, I'm sure there is a good reas..."

Not to avail as he ignored her.

"SCREE!" he called out. "Gather Butler Cavill and Hahn and go get that trio of IGNORANT, DISOBEDIENT and IGNOBLE fools from wherever they went. I WANT them back here, their ARSES glued to their seat until desert is over with!

To punctuate his command, he slammed a fist on the table.

Bella jumped, her smile fading very quickly, to be replaced with an impassible face.

By the Goddess! I knew it was going to be bad but not this early or that much...

She shook her head lightly at all of her friends, as if to signify them to stay put and keep quiet.

She didn't want to think about what her already po'd grandfather would do should any of them get the idea to also excuse themselves.

Unfortunately, both Ava and Enoch did, although her father gave them permission.

Closing her eyes, she felt them start to burn with tears as her grandfather turned his ire onto her father.

"And YOU! You DO NO have the right to dictate who can leave the table. I DO!"

"Father, please calm down! Don't you always reprimand the children whenever they make a scene, such as the one you are making right now, in public?"

That deflated the elder man's anger instantly.

He was making a fool out of himself in front of youngsters that should be respecting him.

"I stand by what I ordered Scree to do. But, for the moment, I think I need some air. Excuse me."

He stood and left the room.

Avalon Glass
Enoch Thaxter
Rory Bennett
Vanessa Green
Larissa Opali
Fabian Adair

--------------------
user posted image

Banner made by the lovely Audrey Evans.

Bella's Profile
Bella's Plot
PM
^
Professor Kieran Mckenzie
 Posted: Sep 1 2017, 05:29 AM

Deputy HoH

Nicknames / Kie, Ki, Mini Indy

Age / 26

Occupation / Professor

Post Count / 413

FC / Justin Baldoni

Catherine Reid re-entered the Dining Room to see if everyone was ready for their entrees.

The scene which awaited her was not one she was expecting.

6 of the seats were empty, including that of Lord McKenzie, and both Mistress Esme and Miss Bella's faces were pale.

Something had happened.

What, she didn't know, but it definitely wasn't good.

Behind her, Housekeeper Lavery asked her a question.

"Are they ready, Ms. Reid?"

The woman backed out of the double doors.

"Not at the moment. We shall give them 15 more minutes. Please, ask Varian to keep the plates on a warming table."

"Yes, Ma'am!"

--------------------
user posted image
Thanks to Audrey Evans for the sig!

Please follow the links before you ask me questions!

PM
^
Enoch Thaxter
 Posted: Sep 1 2017, 05:30 AM

Head Boy

Nicknames / Foxy Knight

Age / 17

Occupation /

Post Count / 230

FC / Bruno Mars

Enoch was about to come back to the dining room when he heard William shouting. He hid until he would nit be seen by the crazy man and got back inside. Seeing Bella upset made him feel bad. He reached her not caring if it was proper or not and sidehugged her hoping to get her to feel better. He mouthed to her parents that he was sorry for leaving.

--------------------
user posted image
set made by Audrey Evans

user posted image
PM EMAIL
^
Bellaluna Mckenzie
 Posted: Sep 1 2017, 05:37 AM

Claw 2nd Year

Age / 12

Occupation / Student

Post Count / 678

FC / Natalie Dormer

Despite her indication to Larissa, Vanessa, Fabian and Rory to remain seated, Bella didn't think she actually could.

"May I be excused?" she asked, her voice cracking, despite Enoch's sidehug.

She was way too mortified to allow any of her friends to see her cry and it was hard enough as it was to keep the tears from flowing.

One look at her and Esme sighed, recognizing that her daughter needed a moment to herself.

"Of course, sweetheart. In fact, why don't we all take a moment to recompose ourselves? Let's say we reconvene in about 15-20 minutes?"

Bella didn't need to be told twice.

She immediately got to her feet and, after curtseying to her parents - because it had been ingrained in her since infancy -, practically ran out of the room.

Enoch Thaxter
Larissa Opali
Rory Bennett
Fabian Adair
Vanessa Green

--------------------
user posted image

Bella's Profile
Bella's Plot
PM
^
Enoch Thaxter
 Posted: Sep 1 2017, 05:43 AM

Head Boy

Nicknames / Foxy Knight

Age / 17

Occupation /

Post Count / 230

FC / Bruno Mars

Enoch rushed out of the room as fast as his crutches allowed him too calling out to Bells to wait for him. Once he reached her, he said: "Where do you wish to go? I'll go with you...I wouldn't be a good knight if I didn't do my job right." He hoped to see a smile on her face at his words.

--------------------
user posted image
set made by Audrey Evans

user posted image
PM EMAIL
^
Bellaluna Mckenzie
 Posted: Sep 1 2017, 05:49 AM

Claw 2nd Year

Age / 12

Occupation / Student

Post Count / 678

FC / Natalie Dormer

Bella was almost at the foot of the Grand Staircase when Enoch somehow - she had no idea how! - caught up with her.

"Where do you wish to go? I'll go with you...I wouldn't be a good knight if I didn't do my job right."

Because she was trying to her darnest best not to cry in front of him, her reply came out in shambles.

"Myyyyy....lousdnsdgaiging....vroom."

She could feel herself losing the battle against her tears so she took off running up the stairs.

Enoch Thaxter

--------------------
user posted image

Bella's Profile
Bella's Plot
PM
^
Vanessa Green
 Posted: Sep 1 2017, 11:36 PM

Gryff 3rd Year

Nicknames / Van

Age / 13

Occupation /

Post Count / 306

FC / Eva Green

"Thank you for joining us, Miss Green. Please, be seated where you want."

At Lord Mckenzie's blessing, (to Vanessa's relief) she took her seat beside Bella. Before she did, however, she glanced up at the lord himself. With a stern face outlined in age lines and black beetle eyes, he already looked like a formidable man. But, as the raven haired girl looked, she felt the familiar feeling of dread. Like pure evil was seeping off the very clothing of this old man. She quickly looked away.

"You may go now." Solenna cut in from behind her.

Vanessa gave the girl a curt nod.

"Forgive me," she nearly whispered taking her seat with a glance at Bella.

She took a moment to compose herself by quietly breathing in the sweet scent of the liquid before her, her eyes pointed down, her head bowed.

Until…

"Mr. Mckenzie, Mrs. Mckenzie, Bellaluna."

Vanessa peered up to see Fabian.

And oh he looked handsome. It felt as if she was seeing him for the first time. Her mouth fell open slightly as she noticed the freshness of his suit and his chocolate eyes sparkling in the candle light.

And then those eyes were on her and she smiled closing her mouth. Every bad feeling had left her as she watched him take his seat obliquely to her.

Time seemed to slip by as the two slipped glances at each other in spite of themselves until Kieran entered followed by Professor Bourgeois who made an…unconventional entrance to say the least.

"Old man, Mr and Mrs Mck, Soleil de mes nuits"

Vanessa had to cover her mouth to stop the laugh that threatened to escape her lips, especially after glancing to Fabian whose own silent laugh nearly made it impossible for her to compose herself.

"What, in the name of Merlin, is this buffoon doing here? He is your guest? That insolent two-faced opportunistic womanizer?!" Lord Mckenzie bellowed making the chuckles instantly cease.

It was if the whole table collectively took a breath as the scene unfolded before them and let it out when the coast seemed clearer.

But then it wasn't.

"What, in the bloody HELL, is going on through these idiots' head? Youth these days know no better than to plainly disregard the most basic of manners! What is so GODFORSAKING hard to understand that one simply DOES NOT leave the BLOODY table whenever that fancy strikes them!!! I am the LORD of this family and only I can give PERMISSION to be excused!"

Lord Mckenzie's roar sliced through the children like a knife. But none so like Vanessa whose panicked eyes immediately found their way to the table like a monotone robot bracing herself for what she knew was going to happen to her.

"SCREE!" he called out. "Gather Butler Cavill and Hahn and go get that trio of IGNORANT, DISOBEDIENT and IGNOBLE fools from wherever they went. I WANT them back here, their ARSES glued to their seat until desert is over with!

She felt as if the animal inside her was only just being kept in its contained in its cage. She gripped the table beneath its cloth, her back and core rigid, determined to keep it from escaping.

"Father, please calm down!" Mr. Mckenzie pleaded,"Don't you always reprimand the children whenever they make a scene, such as the one you are making right now, in public?"

Vanessa felt the lord's anger instantly deflate and she relaxed shutting her eyes in exhaustion.

"I stand by what I ordered Scree to do. But, for the moment, I think I need some air. Excuse me."

And when he left, her eyes remained closed; trickles of relief spread through her. She resisted rubbing her face for fear of smudging her makeup though she did glance up a Fabian. His chocolate eyes now held concern and confusion over wonder and amusement.

Then…

"May I be excused?" she heard Bella say beside her making Vanessa turn to her left to see tears in the raven haired girl's turquoise orbs.

She stood, followed by Vanessa, then Fabian, though Enoch was the one who made it to their friend in the other room, even with crutches.

"Where do you wish to go? I'll go with you…I wouldn't be a good knight if I didn't do my job right." Vanessa heard him say sweetly, the sound muffled from the walls of the dining room.

"Myyyyy….lousdnsdgaiging….vroom." Bella cried loudly.

Vanessa gasped lightly, her heart aching for her the little girl though not knowing if she should go after her. It was only when Fabian came from behind and touched her shoulder with a small nod did she leave the dining room.

She quickly curtsied her way out and lightly put her hand on Enoch's arm,"Let me…"

Then, slowly, she made her way upstairs in order to give Bella time to compose herself.

--------------------
PM
^
 Posted: Sep 6 2017, 07:05 AM

Deputy HoH

Age / 26

Occupation / Professor

Post Count / 413

FC / Justin Baldoni

Kieran re-entered the Dining Room nonchalantly, expecting a severe remonstrance from his grandfather.

However, the old man was not seated at the table.

Solenna had also returned and was nursing a glass of red wine.

As he made his way to his seat, he also noticed that 4 of the seats belonging to his sister and her guests were also empty.

"Where is Luna?" he asked, momentarily concerned for her absence and William's, simultaneously.

If the old man was dastardly enough to raise his hand to the house elves...it wouldn't be a stretch to believe he could do so on his younger sister if he was angry enough as well...

"According to Kitava, she ran upstairs. I would think she probably went to her room."

"And Grandfather?"

Ciaran answered.

"Most likely in his study, raging about you, your sister and Gabriel all leaving the table, yet knowing better not to do that."

The glare his father sent his way didn't even bother him.

Silence fell on the table.

"Do you have nothing to say for yourself, Kieran?"

Irritation seeped through him.

"I needed to make sure Gabe was alright."

Esme decided to intervene, feeling the frustration rolling off her husband in waves.

"It doesn't matter. I sent Jane and Sarah to fetch Bella and her guests so we can continue this dinner as planned. Please, and it is valid for all of you, behave. It will not be said that my daughter will be humiliated by her family, especially in front of her friends."

Taking a sip of iced water, she sighed.

"At least, not from any of us. William is an entirely different story and we shall deal with him and his antics as they come along."

Professor Gabriel Bourgeois
Avalon Glass
Enoch Thaxter
Vanessa Green
Fabian Adair
Rory Bennett
Larissa Opali

--------------------
user posted image

PM
^
Avalon Glass
 Posted: Sep 7 2017, 12:25 AM

Puff 4th Year

Nicknames / Ava

Age / 14

Occupation /

Post Count / 1395

FC / Aisha Dee

Muggleborn / Dating / Plotted

Ava slowly reached the dining room her arms over her stomach, nit even sure she wanted to eat righht now. These cramps were unbearable. She didn't look at anyone but only said in a soft voice: "S-sorry, I-I l-left..." and started playing nervously with the corner of the napkin on her lap.

--------------------
user posted image
Avi and Sig made by winterfall@shadowplay

user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image
PM
^
Enoch Thaxter
 Posted: Sep 7 2017, 12:28 AM

Head Boy

Nicknames / Foxy Knight

Age / 17

Occupation /

Post Count / 230

FC / Bruno Mars

Enoch was worried for Bella. When Vanessa shooed him off as she told him she would handle it, he felt really bad for his protegee. Yes, in his eyes she was that. He kept stealing glances at the entrance to the dining room hoping to see Bella come back in soon.

--------------------
user posted image
set made by Audrey Evans

user posted image
PM EMAIL
^
 Posted: Sep 7 2017, 12:35 AM

Deputy HoH

Nicknames / Gabe, Sexy God

Age / 27

Occupation / COMC/Ghoul Studies Professor

Post Count / 192

FC / Jamie Dornan

Pureblood / Single / Unplotted

Gabe now had a massive headache thanks to the extra shots he took after Kieran left him in the bar room. He mouthed to Mr. and Mrs. Mckenzie that he was sorry and avoided to look at Solenna as he sat down. He didn't dare touching her either. He grabbed his glass of water and sipped on it with his eyes closed. He was beginning to think he should have stayed home. That he probably ruined it for everyone, no surprise there, he used to get the same type of comments of disapproval from his parents numerous times as he was growing up. He started tracing patterns on the table cloth, deep in thought.

--------------------
user posted image
Set made by Audrey Evans
PM
^
 Posted: Sep 8 2017, 02:41 PM

Deputy HoH

Age / 26

Occupation / Professor

Post Count / 413

FC / Justin Baldoni

Solenna tried her best to keep quiet but lost the battle.

"Gabriel, what's wrong? Is it...you know...what I did?" she asked, turning to face him.

She was concerned.

From his seat, Kieran glared at her.

He leaned over toward Gabriel to whisper.

"Need I remind you our parents are seated close and could overhear? I don't think that's wise to talk about any of that right now. Plus, Grandfather could be back any minute and Goddess forbid he catches a single word."

She rolled her eyes.

"I wasn't talking to you, brother."

"No. But I am talking to you. Playing with fire, even more than you have already, is not very wise."

"Fine!"

Sighing heavily, she reclined in her seat and so did he.

But subtly, she slid a hand on Gabriel's knee and rubbed softly, hoping that it would at lease ease the tension she had no doubt dwelled in his shoulders.

Kieran turned to Ava and plastered a smile on his face.

"Miss Glass, did you happen to see my sister while coming back from wherever you went?"

He was hoping she was on her way back.

Avalon Glass

--------------------
user posted image

PM
^
 Posted: Sep 9 2017, 02:31 AM

Deputy HoH

Nicknames / Gabe, Sexy God

Age / 27

Occupation / COMC/Ghoul Studies Professor

Post Count / 192

FC / Jamie Dornan

Pureblood / Single / Unplotted

Gabe winced as he heard Solenna's voice. "Massive Headache... too much to drink...Don't speak of what happened here, please...", he said whispering. To Kieran he said: "Does it look like I want to talk right now, Ksmart?" He sighed softly and downed his water, before massaging his temples. He didn't want to use a spell to heal himself as he wasn't in the best state to do so. He could miss and hurt someone if he wasn't careful enough with that. He couldn't focus much and almost sent his glass to the floor but managed to keep it on the table. He gently removed Solenna's hand from his knee whispering to her to stop that.

--------------------
user posted image
Set made by Audrey Evans
PM
^
Avalon Glass
 Posted: Sep 9 2017, 02:47 AM

Puff 4th Year

Nicknames / Ava

Age / 14

Occupation /

Post Count / 1395

FC / Aisha Dee

Muggleborn / Dating / Plotted

Ava shook her head, tears welling her eyes. She was too embarrassed to ask for something to ease the pain she was in not wanting to talk about her feminine problem in front of everybody. "She said she would come down in a few minutes I think...That's what Jane told me..." She wasn't sure if Bells would actually come down, but she hoped she would. Ava was Bellaluna's friend even though William made her totally uncomfortable to be here.

--------------------
user posted image
Avi and Sig made by winterfall@shadowplay

user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image
PM
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | McKenzie Estates, Kent | Next Newest »

OPTIONSPages: (5) 1 2 3 4 5  REPLY NEW TOPIC START POLL