Welcome to HSO

Hogwarts School Online has been open since 2008 and we have been accepting members to our post-potter roleplaying site ever since. Thanks to our active members, we now have a new school on HSO, Ilvermorny! We wish you a fun journey on HSO and if you have any questions, just write in our OOC Chat Box and we’ll be happy to answer.

Wizard of the Month
Rory Bennett
Quote of the Month
Enoch Thaxter
Couple of the Month
Tobias & Callista Virelli
Class of the Month
Dance
Professor of the Month
Pearl Evans
New Student of the Month
Audrey Evans
Adult of the Month
Tobias Virelli

Latest Shouts In The Shoutbox -- View The Shoutbox · Rules -  

Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post ) REPLY NEW TOPIC START POLL

Lesson One
Professor Duke Wylie
 Posted: Sep 1 2017, 04:09 PM

Professor

Nicknames /

Age /

Occupation / Defense Against the Dark Arts Professor

Post Count / 50

FC / Garrett Hedlund

Pureblood / Single / Unplotted

Duke was settling into Ilvermorny nicely, however it was a long way from Texas and the cattle ranch he called home. However, he had a calling and knew he had to help teach kids so magic didn't die. At least that is what Headmistress Goethe, the elder, had told her when she visited the ranch last year and begged him to come work here. He couldn't make it for last school year, too many ends to tie up with calving and everything but he promised he would be there this term. Nervously he sat behind his desk, cowboy hat still on his head like it always was waiting for the students to enter.

--------------------
user posted image
PM EMAIL
^
Kate Babson
 Posted: Sep 2 2017, 10:01 PM

Wampus Prefect

Nicknames / Katie, Princess

Age / 12

Occupation / Student

Post Count / 57

FC /

No-Maj-born / Single / Unplotted

Kate entered, strolling confidently in her little cap boots, eyes glowing with audacity. She threw her shoulder bag down next to a desk in the front-row. She looked up to greet the professor, but remained silent for some seconds, as instead of their usual teacher, she saw a nice man wearing a cowboy hat. He looked like a western movie hero. She chuckled and said 'Howdy, Professor!' with a smirk. As far as she knew, that was the way people greeted each other in the south.
Having a brand new professor, she became even more excited and curious. This was her favorite class after all, so she hoped this man can handle it as well as his predecessor.
PM
^
Harriet Dax
 Posted: Sep 2 2017, 11:09 PM

Thunderbird 1st Year

Nicknames / Ettie

Age / 11

Occupation / T-Bird Firstie

Post Count / 10

FC /

Halfblood / Nope / Unplotted

Harriet was excited and nervous for the school year ahead of her at the new school that she didn't know about until she recieved a letter and then her father did a LOT of explaining to her. She had thought she had superpowers since she was making her lights turn on and off and make her water tap start when she got too upset. However she was having a good time now that she was at a boarding school for kids like her, with magic! She was amazed by it all and was excited for all the different classes she was going to be taking. She arrived to her first lecture and found a man in a cowboy hat. She was surprised but excited as she found a seat saying a hello to the other student and the professor.
PM EMAIL
^
Charlie Blaire
 Posted: Sep 3 2017, 04:01 AM

Pukwudgie Prefect

Nicknames / Char

Age / 13

Occupation / Student

Post Count / 53

FC / Annalise Basso

Half-Blood / Single / Unplotted

Charlie strolled into class excited to greet the Professor she had always known to teach DADA; however, when she walked in, the previous Professor was no longer there. Now there sat a new Professor. A gentleman in a cowboy hat. He looked like he walked straight out of the John Wayne film.

After her breif pause she nodded a hello. "Hello Professor! Welcome!" Charlie had never seen him before so she assumed he was new. She also felt as a Prefect she had to welcome everyone. After her greeting she headed over to go sit next to Kate. She was happy to have met the girl over the summer she was a really cool girl. "Hey Kate!"

--------------------
user posted image
Set Made By the Wonderful Audrey Evans user posted image
PM
^
Leone Landi
 Posted: Sep 3 2017, 06:59 AM

Pukwudgie 5th Year

Nicknames /

Age /

Occupation /

Post Count / 27

FC /

/ Single /

School again. What better way to excite Leone? Not. He entered the classroom with a bored expression. His eyes looked like a mirror to a dementor's soul. Professor, He greeted. No 'Good Morning's because his morning is definitely not a good one. He took a seat in the back and hoped he can catch a few z's before the class starts.

--------------------
user posted image

Made by the lovely Audrey Evans!
PM EMAIL
^
Matia Landi
 Posted: Sep 4 2017, 05:06 AM

Horned Serpent 7th Year

Nicknames / Matt, Mati

Age / 17

Occupation /

Post Count / 45

FC / Mariano Ontanon

/ Single / Unplotted

Matia enjoyed DADA. He entered the classroom a few minutes after his brother Leone and almost dropped his books as he saw the Professor. He blushed slightly and greeted the Professor with a quick nod, saying: "H-Hello, Pr-Professor..." His face was crimson red as he took a seat in the back on the opposite side of where Leone was and looked down at the supplies he got out to avoid looking at the handsome Professor. Apparently this year, some Professors looked like they had been chosen to teach here because of their good looks... No complaints from Matia there...
PM
^
Nima Pahlavi
 Posted: Sep 4 2017, 05:39 AM

Wampus 5th Year

Nicknames / not telling

Age /

Occupation /

Post Count / 4

FC /

Muggle / Not Telling /

Though Nima would never admit it, she was half excited for school to start up again. It had been a long, hot summer, devoid of friends and without Quodpot or anything else to keep her busy, and it wasn’t like her sister was much company anyways. Ilvermorny promised a new year of friends and mischief and (hopefully) interesting classes. Nima had always been an excellent student, even though she was almost embarrassed to be one - if her parents had instilled any of their values in her, it was a deep appreciation for education. And though she could get into some trouble, or was dragged into it by her crazy friends, she never let herself get too behind on her studies. But fifth year was supposed to be one of the hardest, and Nima hoped that she wouldn’t have to chose between her friends at her studies.

Perhaps not in this class, where the professor looked just as nervous as a firstie. Nima almost raised her eyebrows at his cowboy hat. She had never understood American cowboys, or the trend, which she found just looked a little silly. Refraining from laughing she greeted him with an indiscriminate nod as she shuffled to the back of the classroom, where Leone had already fallen asleep. ”You had the entire summer to rest but you’re falling asleep on the first day of class?” She laughed, sliding into the seat next to him.
PM
^
Leone Landi
 Posted: Sep 5 2017, 04:08 AM

Pukwudgie 5th Year

Nicknames /

Age /

Occupation /

Post Count / 27

FC /

/ Single /

Leone woke up from his little nap hearing the voice of a girl. Leone blames her for his sleep deprivation and would like to get even someday. Resting the entire summer would've sound divine but the girl wouldn't know what it's like to be surrounded by monkey babies. Monkey babies! That's what he's calling his cousins and brothers from now on. There's just no room for alone time and relaxation. Everyday is an adventure with them. And though he loves them all, he sometimes wish they would just shut up and let him sleep and cook in peace. He rolled his eyes at the girl. I wish. There's just so much that can bore you to death inside the school. He replied.

--------------------
user posted image

PM EMAIL
^
Professor Duke Wylie
 Posted: Sep 5 2017, 06:44 PM

Professor

Nicknames /

Age /

Occupation / Defense Against the Dark Arts Professor

Post Count / 50

FC / Garrett Hedlund

Pureblood / Single / Unplotted

Duke smiled and greeted each of the students as they entered, he liked it to feel like they mattered to him and he was willing to take the time to see them as individuals. He was probably considered weird for that but kids needed to know that their teachers cared about them, it helped create a better environment in his opinion. Looking over the students he smiled at the one by one before getting to his feet. "Nice to meet ya'll I'm Professor Wylie and I will be teaching this class. I grew up on a cattle farm in Texas. I'd like ya'll to introduce yourselves and give us a fun fact about yourself before we start." He returned to his seat and waited for the students to start.

--------------------
user posted image
PM EMAIL
^
Venus Milano
 Posted: Sep 6 2017, 11:15 AM

Head Girl

Nicknames /

Age / 15

Occupation /

Post Count / 67

FC /

Pure / Single / Unplotted

Venus had stomped into class, having fun with the way her combat boots sounded as she walked. Figuring as Head Girl, she should at least be on time for the first day, she slid into the seat next to Nima and rolled her eyes at her cousin. "Hey guys. And Leo, did you stay up too late making brownies for Addy again?" She mostly left him alone prank-wise. He had enough to deal with since he had Gio as a little brother in her opinion.

Then the professor introduced himself. Cattle farm, huh. Deciding to get it over with, she stood up. "I'm Venus Milano, Wampus 5th year, and I live in detention. Also, since you have cows, can we expect hamburgers in class?" She sat down again, fully expecting point loss or a detention.

--------------------
user posted image
credit me for the sig and Roxy for the hair color!
PM
^
Kate Babson
 Posted: Sep 6 2017, 08:16 PM

Wampus Prefect

Nicknames / Katie, Princess

Age / 12

Occupation / Student

Post Count / 57

FC /

No-Maj-born / Single / Unplotted

Kate greeted Charlie, and it felt good for her to have someone really nice next to her. Introductions... again? That can only happen with new professors, right? And we have a bunch of them this year... - she thought and rolled her eyes, giving a long, annoyed sigh. As the Head girl finished her introduction, she laughed, as she stood up next. 'Professor, I agree, hamburgers would be fun! I'm Kate Babson, second year Wampus... and I have a white rat.' - she said confidently and sat down. No other fun facts came into her mind at that moment. She was rather annoyed. She wanted to use spells in her favorite class, not just playint out time with these introductions...
PM
^
Sara Milano
 Posted: Sep 6 2017, 11:47 PM

Wampus 5th Year

Nicknames /

Age / 15

Occupation /

Post Count / 50

FC / Maia Mitchell

/ Not Telling /

Sara dreaded the introductions but she might as well get it done with "hi I'm Sara Milano and I'm a fifth year wampus and I'm an overachiever." The fact was true for her since she took so many classes this term. She would politely pass on the hamburgers if they were ever brought into class. She only knew some people in the room but that was enough for her anyway. She couldn't really think of any interesting facts about her.

--------------------
user posted image

made by winterfall@shadowplay
PM
^
Leone Landi
 Posted: Sep 7 2017, 04:17 AM

Pukwudgie 5th Year

Nicknames /

Age /

Occupation /

Post Count / 27

FC /

/ Single /

Leo raised an eyebrow at Venus' question. He knows the girl is always hungry but he has a hunch she wants brownies from him. I tried and ended up baking cookies again. He said, getting a jar from his bag. He had three jars of cookies on his bag and had labelled them individually. One was for Addy, of course. Leone has a soft spot for the little girl. One was for Venus because he was afraid she'd fight Addy for the cookies. He shook the jar, teasing Venus. They're delicious too.

The professor introduced himself and Leone listened. Well, he wasn't interested. After a few had introduced themselves, Leone stood up to introduce himself as well. The name's Leone Landi, 5th year Pukwudgie and I like to bake and cook. He said and sat down. He didn't care if the baking and cooking part didn't sound manly at all.

--------------------
user posted image

PM EMAIL
^
Matia Landi
 Posted: Sep 7 2017, 04:33 AM

Horned Serpent 7th Year

Nicknames / Matt, Mati

Age / 17

Occupation /

Post Count / 45

FC / Mariano Ontanon

/ Single / Unplotted

Matia gulped hard when he heard the Professor tell them to introduce themselves and give a 'fun fact' about themselves. Mati didn't want to share the biggest secret he had told only Leone about. Not to everyone present. He'd probably die. But then again, he could get over with it. Could he admit it to everyone right now? Was he ready for judgement from some people? Maybe it was time to get this over with. He stood up looked at Leone and then at the cute Professor before feeling blood rush to his face as he said: "Matia Landi, Seventh year Horned Serpent. I...er...I'm...er...." He pkayed with his fingers looking down at them and blurted it out all at once: "I'mgay" Then sat down quickly hiding his face, sinking low in his seat. Mortified. He was mortified.
PM
^
Charlie Blaire
 Posted: Sep 8 2017, 06:07 PM

Pukwudgie Prefect

Nicknames / Char

Age / 13

Occupation / Student

Post Count / 53

FC / Annalise Basso

Half-Blood / Single / Unplotted

Charlie started to pull out her supplies from her backpack when the Professor began. When he mentioned introductions Charlie wanted to giggle slightly at Kate's sudden change of expression. Even with the change, Kate decided to go first which Charlie thought was pretty cool.

Charlie listened to all her classmates, turning in her chairs when needed to look at whoever was speaking next. Until it looked like it was her turn to speak. She stood and flipped her red braid to the other shoulder. "Um..I'm Charlotte Blaire, but you can call me Charlie. She looked at the Professor about her nickname, the other student's should at this point know she was Charlie and not Charlotte. "I'm a 3rd year Pukwudgie and I live in D.C. With my parent's and 3 older brothers." Not the most interesting fact but Charlie thought it was good enough as she sat down again once more.

--------------------
user posted image
Set Made By the Wonderful Audrey Evans user posted image
PM
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | Lessons | Next Newest »

OPTIONSPages: (2) 1 2  REPLY NEW TOPIC START POLL