Welcome to HSO

Hogwarts School Online has been open since 2008 and we have been accepting members to our post-potter roleplaying site ever since. Thanks to our active members, we now have a new school on HSO, Ilvermorny! We wish you a fun journey on HSO and if you have any questions, just write in our OOC Chat Box and we’ll be happy to answer.

Wizard of the Month
Rory Bennett
Quote of the Month
Enoch Thaxter
Couple of the Month
Tobias & Callista Virelli
Class of the Month
Dance
Professor of the Month
Pearl Evans
New Student of the Month
Audrey Evans
Adult of the Month
Tobias Virelli

Latest Shouts In The Shoutbox -- View The Shoutbox · Rules -  

CLOSED NEW TOPIC START POLL

The Sorting Questionnaire, STOP HERE FIRST
Headmaster Emile Rousseau
 Posted: May 12 2016, 04:17 AM

Governor

Nicknames / None

Age / 27

Occupation / Flying Professor & Quidditch Coordinator

Post Count / 2085

FC / Theo James

Pure / Not Telling / Plotted

There are THREE Phases on how to get sorted on Hogwarts School Online.

Phase 1: Properly register your character with a correct First and Last name. Making sure you have read the site rules in its entirely.

Phase 2: You must fill out the sorting ceremony questionnaire from top to bottom properly. Now this part is important because in your sorting questionnaire you have a secret phrase (which can only be found in the site rules) and the sorting quiz. The secret phrase confirms that you have read the rules. The sorting quiz tells us what house you will belong to.

This forum is moderated by the staff, meaning that once you make a topic you will not see it right away. Not until an Administrator or global mod approves your topic. At the point when its approved, you will see it in the sorting ceremony area. Any instructions that are given by the staff should be followed by you the member of the site.

Phase 3: This phase is a combination of moderation approval and the topic becoming visible. At this point, professors, ambassadors, and governors will ask questions, say hello or even give you a writing prompt. This is your last approval process when trying to get sorted on HSO. The sorting ceremony is used so that we the staff can get to know you the writer behind your character. So please be patient as we go through the sorting process. You will have fun and have interaction with the staff members.

This process can take anywhere from 48 hours to a week's time. Depending on the Head of house. If they feel you are ready you will be sorted into your house. In the mean time we have a forum dediated to new comers where you can post various roleplayings or stop in and say hello. The quicker you reply to staff members the quicker your sorting will occur. If at ANY point in time in this process you don't respond back to the admin in an appropriate amount of time, three days, your topic will be moved to the inactive section. Should this occur please pm any of the admin and they will move your topic back so your sorting can continue!

+++++++++++++++++++++++++

As you can tell, Hogwarts School Online is a magical place and you will have fun. Please be patient as our staff gets to you in a timely manner!

++++++++++++++++++++++++

Copy & Paste the following code and create a topic in this forum you may title it whatever you wish. As long as there is no bad language in it.

YOU MUST FILL OUT THIS QUESTIONNAIRE IN ITS ENTIRETY.

Be advised that all answers must be submitted VIA your personal sorting topic, answers sent to any professor on the PM system are NOT accepted.

When posting this be sure to start your own new topic. DO NOT REPLY IN SOMEONE ELSE'S TOPIC!

DO NOT GIVE THE SECRET PHRASE OUT TO ANYONE OR ASK ANOTHER MEMBER FOR IT!

CODE

1. [b]CHARACTER FIRST AND LAST NAME:[/b]

2. [b]HOW DID YOU HEAR ABOUT HOGWARTS SCHOOL ONLINE:[/b]

3. [b]DO YOU HAVE ANY OTHER CHARACTERS AT HOGWARTS SCHOOL ONLINE? KEEP IN MIND, WE CAN TELL IF YOU'RE LYING.[/b]

4. [b]DO YOU UNDERSTAND THE RULES?[/b]

5. [b]DO YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS ABOUT THE RULES?[/b]

6. [b]WHAT IS THE SECRET PHRASE?[/b](ITS IN THE RULES! *Hint* Google is not your friend.

7. [b]HAVE YOU EVER ROLEPLAYED BEFORE? IF YES, HOW MANY YEARS?[/b]

8. [b]DO YOU HAVE ANY EXPERIENCE ON A HARRY POTTER ROLEPLAY BOARD?[/b]

9. [b]HOW OLD ARE YOU? CHOOSE ONLY ONE.[/b]

a] 8-12, and excited!
b] 13-16, and proud!
c] 17-21, and loving it!
d] 21+, and counting!

10. [b]PLEASE PROVIDE US WITH A WRITING SAMPLE HERE:[/b]

11. [b]ANSWER THE QUESTIONS BELOW [u]AS YOUR CHARACTER[/u], CHOOSE ONLY ONE ANSWER PER QUESTION.[/b]

[b]1. When you die what would you most like people to do when they hear your name?[/b]

A] Miss you and smile.
B] Ask for more stories about your adventures.
C] Think in admiration of your achievements.
D] I don’t care what people think of me when I’m dead, it’s when I’m alive that matters.

[b]2. If you go to an island what is the only thing you will take with you?[/b]

A] My Soulmate
B] Kegs of Rum
C] A Compass
D] Machete

[b]3. Amortenia is a potion that smells of what attracts a person. If it lured you what would it smell of?[/b]
A] Crackling log fire
B] Home
C] New parchment
D] The sea

[b]4. If you could create a new potion that would give you one thing what would you choose?[/b]

A] Love
B] Glory
C] Wisdom
D] Power

[b]5. Which road tempts you the most?[/b]
A] The sunny, grassy lane.
B] The twisting leaf-strewn path in the woods.
C] The cobbled street lined with ancient buildings.
D] The Narrow dark lantern lit alley.

[b]6. How would you like to be remembered in history?[/b]

A] Being good
B] Being bold
C] Being wise
D] Being great

[b]7. You are walking along and hear a sound. What do you do?[/b]

A] Tread cautiously with you hand on your concealed wand.
B] Seek out the source of the sound.
C] Draw your wand and stand your ground.
D] Retreat and wait for the source of the sound to reveal itself while remembering defensive spells.

This post has been edited by Deputy HM Emile Rousseau: Nov 24 2016, 03:01 PM

--------------------
user posted image
Zoe blessed me with this sig because she's madly in love with me.
I have bragging rights // Lightning
Please follow the links before you ask me questions!

user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image
PM
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | HOGWARTS SORTING | Next Newest »

OPTIONS CLOSED NEW TOPIC START POLL